Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheHatLady

Discovery+ just shows a blue screen

When I try to go to my Discovery+ channel, all I get is a blue screen, not the channel listing. Roku Free still shows some of the channels I should be seeing, and I can watch those shows. I have tried resetting my Roku - no change. And I checked the Discovery+ app - Ican still watch shows there, so it isn't a problem with my account.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Discovery+ just shows a blue screen

Hey @TheHatLady

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling them helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ladyT1996

Hello, 

I am having the same issue with Discovery+ on my roku. I try to load it and it's just a blue screen. I have deleted the channel than restarted the roku and reinstalled the channel. None of this changed it being just a blue screen for Discovery +. I would like some help if anyone has it.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @ladyT1996

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked other channels if the same issue occurs? If yes, please be advised that the channel developer themselves maintains channels on Roku. We suggest reaching out to Discovery Plus customer support directly to report the issue and get help. There's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact them here: discovery+ Help Center

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Robyn4712

I am having the same issue. In fact when I installed the discovery+ app it went to a blue screen and I cannot navigate off of it. So I cannot watch anything!  Can’t get to the home page. Help!

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Robyn4712

Thanks for reaching out here to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are facing. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Where are you trying to stream, standalone channel or through the Roku Channel? Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos