Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImpezQuery
Reel Rookie

Disable Live TV auto scanning?

My Hisense Roku TV keeps losing live digital terrestrial TV channels (Freeview).

If I perform a channel scan they return but then after the TV has been in standby for some time some of them disappear. It's not always the same channels.

My theory is there must be some auto Live TV channel scanning in standby but I cannot find any settings to confirm this or disable it. Some of the channels have weak signal in certain weather conditions so I think this could be why they disappear.

Is there such a feature and any way to disable it?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Disable Live TV auto scanning?

Hi @ImpezQuery

Welcome to the Roku Community!

How are you accessing the channels through Freeview?
Have you tried contacting Freeview? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
ImpezQuery
Reel Rookie

Freeview is just the name for digital terrestrial TV service in the UK.

The channels are accessed via the Roku TV Live TV input and it's built in digital tuner.

Some software in the TV must be rescanning every now and then such it removes a whole multiplex or two of channels.

0 Kudos
Jholt138

Hi did you ever manage to disable the autoscan.

I'm having similar issue with channels just disappearing.

I believe it is rescanning when on stand by, as it sometimes ask us what region we are in when we turn it on. 

0 Kudos
ImpezQuery
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately not, it's constantly happening and I can find no normal menu or advanced menu option, nothing in the mobile app etc.

The software clearly has some form of autoscan in standby: I rarely turn the TV off and watch again within a short time, but a few days ago I did exactly that and within 20 minutes of standby I lost the channel I had been watching in perfect quality just 20 minutes earlier (c4).

Frustrating that neither Hisense nor Roku can even acknowledge the TV auto scans nevermind how to turn it off.

0 Kudos
Jholt138

That a shame.

Thanks for update ImpezQuery.

If I find anyway to find setting, I'll update here.

My next plan will be to see if I can get into hidden menu/engineers mode see if there is any settings there.

0 Kudos