Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

Re: DVD player seems to not be connected

Jump to solution

@Mimzi wrote:

What steps did you follow. Having the same issue.

Try deleting the HDMI tile from the home screen (press "*" on the tile, or go to home>settings>tv inputs). Then go to home>settings>system>power and do the restart there. (If that menu has "fast start" enabled, disable it before doing the restart). Then add the HDMI tile back to the home screen.

You might also try specifying the HDMI mode (in tv inputs). Auto may not work right, and specifying a mode would? Sometimes people say a different HDMI cable fixes problems like this. (My tv has different HDMI ports. I might try a different one of those too.).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Cole1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Did anyone find out what was the solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
prismjr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you look back a page or so in this thread, the solution that worked for me is recounted in my previous post (23 Nov 2020). I have a TCL Roku TV, no HDMI cabling (only red-white-yellow cables). I don't know if it will work for you, but (of many suggestions) it was the only thing that worked for me.

Cole1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  The problem isn't that the AV imput doesn't show up, it says that there is no signal even though the DVD player is on.

0 Kudos
Harvini
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Cole1 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  The problem isn't that the AV imput doesn't show up, it says that there is no signal even though the DVD player is on.

What he's telling you is that there may be a software issue where, even though the AV input shows uo in the home screen, the block it presents to you isn't working correctly and does not recognize the signal from your DVD player.  By deleting and then re-installing the AV input on the home screen, this clears the problem and allows the TV to recognize the signal from your DVD player.  As its not recognizing your DVD player as-is, you might try the method he describes.  It might clear up your issue.

ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@prismjr wrote:

Don't know if this will help, but after I exhausted all possibilities, this worked for me (without HDMI cable). I don't know how to direct you to the helpful post that solved my problem, so I am including a screenshot of the solution that worked for me:

roku1.JPG

I just found your solution and it worked perfectly. Thanks!! You're awesome !! 😁😁

0 Kudos
rec1963

Jump to solution

I still can't get a signal. I double check everything, I it hook up right. A of fact it work early. But couldn't get the sound and the  TV can't find the signal 

0 Kudos
rec1963

Jump to solution

I've done all that

0 Kudos
rec1963

Jump to solution

Just tried it and that didn't work 

0 Kudos
ElectronicsFan
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

After doing the previous steps try hooking up the DVD player with the TV off and unplugged. And then turning on the DVD player and then plugging the TV back in and turning it on. Good luck!!

0 Kudos