Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dditty82

DVD player seems to not be connected

Jump to solution

I set up input on my Roku TV with my DVD player under AV and renamed it DVD player. It confirmed that it was successful. When I go to use my DVD player, it says, no signal (is it on?). I have ensured that it is hooked up correctly to the AV hookups and is turned on, and confirmed it is. Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: DVD player seems to not be connected

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend changing the HDMI cable in use to connect your DVD player to the TV. You might also try connecting the DVD player to a different HDMI port on the TV. If you need further help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly for additional support. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
63 REPLIES 63
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend changing the HDMI cable in use to connect your DVD player to the TV. You might also try connecting the DVD player to a different HDMI port on the TV. If you need further help from there, feel free to contact your Roku TV manufacturer directly for additional support. You can locate their contact information here: https://community.roku.com/t5/Manufacturer-Support-Warranty-Resources/Contacting-Support-for-Your-Ro...

Thanks,

Tanner 

0 Kudos
HMRJr

Jump to solution

I have an older DVD player that connects with three wires, one yellow, one red, and one white. I've plugged them into my Roku TV but there's no recognition. Both the TV and DVD player are on.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@HMRJr 

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to select the proper input that your DVD player is plugged into?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HMRJr

Jump to solution

Never mind, I figured it out. It was easy once I walked through the steps that made sense. Very user-friendly interface. Thanks for responding.

0 Kudos
fenris

Jump to solution

I’m having the same exact problem with my older DVD player. Same cord, both TV and player are on, no signal. I’ve even tried unplugging the entire TV. What did you do to fix the connectivity issue?

prismjr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This response: "select the proper input" is of little to no use. I have the same issue: older DVD/VCR combo, connected using the "AV" set up (red,white,yellow connectors). In Setup, I selected TV inputs and "chose" this; but it only gives an option to rename, no other settings. After selecting it, "AV" does not show up in main menu, and player does not communicate with (i.e., does not play on) the Roku TV.  Tried selecting other "reasonable" options: DVD, VCR, and DVD combo; none work. When on Live TV, channels 3 & 4 (selected during setup process for this application) are labeled "VCR". Can you provide some actual details for how to get these devices to communicate?

prismjr
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Would you mind sharing what you figured out? I have tried following steps that I've been able to identify, and nothing has worked to give an option for DVD/VCR player to communicate with the TV. 

jul

Jump to solution

Do I need a HDMI cord

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jul 

Thanks for the inquiry.

What outputs does your DVD player have? In addition, what inputs does your Roku TV take?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator