Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sasquatch2

Connecting…this might take a while screen doesn’t go away

My Philips Roku tv has been stuck in the setup menu after i entered my internet password and is stuck on the “connecting…this will take a minute“ screen for two days I’ve tried resetting it and it still is stuck on it as well as moving it closer to my router and still nothing

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Connecting…this might take a while screen doesn’t go away

If you can, try connecting to your phone's hotspot to get through the initial setup.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ominous_Sword
Channel Surfer

Re: Connecting…this might take a while screen doesn’t go away

Hello,

If you are able you can connect the TV physically to a router on your internal network, turn off the TV, I unplugged mine for a few seconds, then turn the TV back on so that it utilizes the physical ethernet connection.  Then you can either reconfigure your wireless or factory reset as needed.  The Factory reset on the back of the TV did not work on my TV.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.