Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cannot connect internet to 40" Onn Roku TV?

Looking closer, you'll see how it mentions WIFI on the card itself.  rokuwificard.png

0 Kudos
jtav45

Is there no other way to be able to solve this?? I’m not going to open my TV once or twice a year to reset the Internet card thing. I’m taking this back tomorrow if this doesn’t start working. What a junk!

MaryJ29_

My Roku Onn 40 inch tv stop connecting to WiFi. YouTube helped me fix my tv. Best suggestion on this forum! 

0 Kudos
Kasieann

I cannot get my tv to connect at all. Keeps taking me that my MAC address is all zeros. I have reset, factory reset, resent my internet and have tried about everything I know to do. How do I fix this problem? It worked just fine last night and this morning I woke up to it not working at all. Help please!!!

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Kasieann wrote:

It worked just fine last night and this morning I woke up to it not working at all. 

Out of curiosity, look at home>settings>system>system update. It should tell you when it last updated. (I'm curious if it just happened. A lot of people have been negatively affected.).

You could try

1. Go to settings>system>advanced. There is an option there to reset the network connection. That fixed a problem for someone.

2. Go to system>power. There is an option to restart, which may not be the same thing as powering on/off the tv, especially if another option in that menu (fast-start) is enabled. (If it is enabled, I would disable it before doing the restart option.).

3. The next option would be system>advanced>factory reset.

How old is your tv?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Kasieann wrote:

I cannot get my tv to connect at all. Keeps taking me that my MAC address is all zeros. 

I just searched about your all-zero MAC address. This multi-page thread has people complaining about it since last July. After 4 months, Roku released a version which apparently fixed it. But, there's still people saying they're getting it.

On Page 5, a page refers to an instructable about soldering a pin to fix the problem. Nobody in that thread seems to have tried that (sounds risky). Someone else says this problem has existed for YEARS (which sounds par for the course).  One person said just connecting a USB device to the tv fixed. 

Hopefully one of the things I suggested works. If not, read that thread. Post here (or there) the info Danny asks for in that thread. But, prepare for a long wait.

People in that thread (a few months ago) suggest Roku let people install previous (working) versions of the software. I wish they'd do that as a matter of practice. This is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see how Roku can expect to be successful with this kind of QA on their updates, and no way for the customer to opt out (go back).

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Kasieann  FYI: I just saw this post about how someone fixed their problem (tv doesn't see any wifi networks). They don't specifically say they have the "all zeros" condition. But, the post above theirs says they do. 

Basically, the solution is to take your tv somewhere else because it's locked itself out of your network. Do the factory reset (or check if an update is available first) from that other network. It sounds like the update process doesn't complete, and locks the tv out of the wifi it was connected to while updating. You have to remove it from the scene of the accident so it will try again.

Rebooting your router apparently is part of the ritual. You might try that before hauling your tv off to bum access from someone. Also, if your tv has an internet RJ45 connector, maybe you could connect it to your router, and check for an update. Maybe that would be enough of a "different connection." I would do check for updates, then if none, factory reset to force it to fetch/install the latest software. (Reboot the wifi again, and try connecting to the wireless again.).

0 Kudos

Cannot connect internet to my Onn Roku TV

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hanskasongo

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about what you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide an image of what appears on your Roku TV when you see the issue occur?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku TV to an alternate wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.