Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you stretch to fit backdrop pictures to display the full screen?

Jump to solution

I have finally figured how to configure backdrops to work on my TCL Roku TV. I created an album of my own photos takes through the years and uploaded 43 pics.  But they are all different format sizes (all landscape but still different sizes with different cameras/phones). Some of the pics have a lot of blank area on the sides. Is there an option to “stretch to fit” the picture to use the full TV display area?  If not I will need to spend a few hours reformatting all my pics to the correct ratio and reupload them 😞

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can you stretch to fit backdrop pictures to display the full screen?

Jump to solution

Hi @TXHarleyGirl,

Welcome, and thanks for the post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are inquiring about an option of stretch to fit the backdrop picture to use the full TV display.

Please be advised that there is no option to stretch to fit the picture. It will be displayed in the picture's aspect ratio. Our curated photos on it will fill the screen, but added ones will be in whatever aspect ratio they are.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article on how to use Backdrops on your Roku streaming devices.

We appreciate your interest and will take this as feedback; we hope to expand with more features to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can you stretch to fit backdrop pictures to display the full screen?

Jump to solution

Hi @TXHarleyGirl,

Welcome, and thanks for the post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are inquiring about an option of stretch to fit the backdrop picture to use the full TV display.

Please be advised that there is no option to stretch to fit the picture. It will be displayed in the picture's aspect ratio. Our curated photos on it will fill the screen, but added ones will be in whatever aspect ratio they are.

For more detailed information, visit our Support article on how to use Backdrops on your Roku streaming devices.

We appreciate your interest and will take this as feedback; we hope to expand with more features to provide our customers with the best streaming experience.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.