Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terr
Channel Surfer

Re: Can view channel info but no video and audio.

I have exactly the same issue. It seems since the last 2 updates is when everything went south. I have even taken my Rocu Ultra 2 different cities and still have the problem. Roku support has not been helpful. I'm going to see if can get a older version and see if it works. 

0 Kudos
Olssy
Channel Surfer

Unfortunately, using my phone as a wifi hotspot has not helped resolve the issue, here is the additional information you asked for:

My home IP is 96.22.124.23 and the service provider is Videotron Ltee.

When I create a hotspot with my phone the problem persists and the ip is 204.48.92.91 with the same service provider, Videotron Ltee

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Terr @Olssy,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issues you've run into with The Roku Channel. We want to assure you that we're committed to helping you resolve the issue. For us to work into this, could you please provide us with the following information below?

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide is essential to us. We'll look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olssy
Channel Surfer

Here is the information:

ISP - Videotron Ltee.

Location -  Montreal, Canada

IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)? 96.22.124.23

TCL model 55R613-CA

Hardware ID 7120X

Serial Number YS00LG685680

Device ID FV206L685680

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4182-30

Tracker ID  80-352-079

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Olssy,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate that you have provided the information needed. Please be aware that we have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to further investigate the issue that you're experiencing.

In the meantime, your patience and understanding will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olssy
Channel Surfer

Any update on the issue?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Olssy,

Thanks for getting back to us,

We have made that we provided an update to the appropriate Roku team to review this case and to address this issue. We understand that the issue is still persistent in your end, and our team has been working on this to resolve it. Once more information is given to us, we'll make sure to disseminate it here in this thread.

Please accept our gratitude for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Olssy
Channel Surfer

Any update or should I return my TV?

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Olssy,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Please be aware that our appropriate Roku team is currently working on this issue about having no video or audio displayed on The Roku Channel. In the meantime, can you please try these steps below?

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

You can also update the channel if you have already done these steps by highlighting the Roku channel, pressing the * button, and selecting Check for updates.

Let us know if this works for you!
Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pedro1234
Channel Surfer

I have the same problem but only on one TV. The other roku works well. They are both on the same network.

Tcl Roku 50" doesn't work. Black screen only in the RokuTV app.

What has been tried:

Reboot network

Reboot TV

Uninstall install app

Factory reset TV

Nothing works in roku TV app, other apps works.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.