robfox2287
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't pair roku speakers

Jump to solution

5959A-R1035 Roku streaming bar will not pair with surround sound speakers. I have reset, unplugged-replugged, started over and still no success. I even tried a different network and set the device right beside the speakers. still fails. 

Robert Fox

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
smarbe2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I could never get mine to pair either. I am almost positive they will only pair with a Roku TV not the Roku soundbar. They paired fine with my Roku TV fine after I removed the Roku soundbar.

0 Kudos
robfox2287
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found a solution for mine. Maybe it'll work for you. Being and I.T. person I got to thinking about what it was looking for when it tried to pair? What I found is unstable internet. I have several devices around the house that are internet based, lights, cameras, etc... Every few seconds those items ping your router, to stay awake, so as to respond when you need them.  The ROKU Streambar needs a SOLID internet connection while it is updating the speakers, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION.  It cannot do this when the other devices are pinging during the update.  I temporarily took all my other devices OFFLINE while I set up the speakers. They then connected just fine, since there was not INTERNET interruption.  ROKU Streambar was the only thing I had accessing my router and they worked just fine. Hope this solution works for you. 

0 Kudos
WadeWieser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Has their been a solution posted for this problem? I'm also using (never before used) 9030 speakers, with a TCL tv. The TV cannot 'find' the speakers...yet a System Update becomes available...click to download...it displays that it is 'Updating Wireless Speakers...100% complete'...but TV still can't find speakers, and the very same System Update is still available. It's not completely pairing, but obviously 'detects' the speakers because of the Update option that never truly updates. 

I've gone through every suggestion including factory restoring the tv, but nothing changes.

Please help. I have all of my system information ready if a Roku employee can please reach out to me here or via email.

Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WadeWieser

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Set up your wireless speakers

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the OS that your Roku TV is running?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WadeWieser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Hello Danny and thank you for the response, I did follow all of the suggested steps on the support page for this issue with no progress. 

My Roku tv is running 11.0.0 build 4193-30.

Please advise, and thank you for the assistance,

Wade

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@WadeWieser

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WadeWieser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you sir. Should I expect an email?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for following up, @WadeWieser!

Yes, that is correct. We'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there. 

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
WadeWieser
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Any idea how long it will take for that email? It's been like 3 weeks since my last post..a month since my first request for help.  I got the speakers (new) and they're just sitting here unable to be used. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.