Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devrata

Can’t connect Roku app to Roku tv

Jump to solution

I used to be able to use the Roku app just fine no problems when I had my old Wi-Fi, but I recently made the switch to a different Wi-Fi and now it doesn’t work anymore since I lost the physical remote to the TV. I am unable to connect it to Wi-Fi in order to connect it to the Roku app, I’ve already tried pressing the input button to attempt to set up the Wi-Fi on the TV but it never works so is there anyway to connect my Roku app to the TV other than getting a new remote?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can’t connect Roku app to Roku tv

Jump to solution

Hi @devrata,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a problem with your Roku mobile app to connect it with your Roku device. 

You mentioned that you just switched to a new Wi-Fi. Connecting your Roku mobile app should meet the following:

• The Roku device is set up and activated.
  • The Roku mobile app should be connected to the internet in the same way as the Roku device. If not, use the Roku remote to connect the Roku device to the internet. For detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to install the Roku mobile app.

If you don't have a remote, we can recommend our official Roku website, which offers our Roku remotes.

We hope that's helpful. Happy Streaming!

kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

The simplest solution is to get a new remote.  You can get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku TVs or Roku is now selling a simple remote that works with Roku TVs:

Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

The other options are more complicated, but the simplest of those is to configure your new Wi-Fi to match your old Wi-Fi (same SSID/network name and password).  The TV should connect as long as you didn't factory reset it and you can go back to using the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @devrata,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you have a problem with your Roku mobile app to connect it with your Roku device. 

You mentioned that you just switched to a new Wi-Fi. Connecting your Roku mobile app should meet the following:

• The Roku device is set up and activated.
  • The Roku mobile app should be connected to the internet in the same way as the Roku device. If not, use the Roku remote to connect the Roku device to the internet. For detailed information, you can visit our support article on how to install the Roku mobile app.

If you don't have a remote, we can recommend our official Roku website, which offers our Roku remotes.

We hope that's helpful. Happy Streaming!

kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos