Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mlab1993

Brand new ONN Roku TV cought fire!

Jump to solution

Only had this tv two weeks when I heard a loud pop and hissing noise followed by tons of smoke rolling out from the bottom of it! The TV wasn't even on. I unplugged it and pulled it out from the wall on the mount. I immediately called my husband who is a firefighter and while otp with him the smoke slowly subsided. The electronic board on the back of the TV was hot but not melted. My husband told me to keep an eye on it bc the plastic likes to hold heat and may recatch. It stayed warm for about an hour before cooling off. My whole house smelt if burnt plastic. I am just thankful I was home to unplug it!! Not only could we have lost our home but our cats and dog too. I have called the manufacturer multiple times and have been assured each time that a member from their safety dept will call back within 24 hours. I had our case escalated and was assured a manager would call back within 24 hours. We are now on day 6 with absolutely no response and continual stonewalling from ONN. Roku help! 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku TV cought fire!

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Mlab1993.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we'd be happy to provide further information.

It is important to note that ONN manufactures its own player hardware and assumes responsibility for issues of this nature. We highly recommend reaching out to ONN Support to coordinate further assistance on this matter.

We only support the running software operating system of your TV.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku TV cought fire!

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Mlab1993.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and we'd be happy to provide further information.

It is important to note that ONN manufactures its own player hardware and assumes responsibility for issues of this nature. We highly recommend reaching out to ONN Support to coordinate further assistance on this matter.

We only support the running software operating system of your TV.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.