Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Brand New Roku not Responding to Alexa

I just got a new Philips Roku TV. Paired it with Alexa Echo but keeps on saying Roku TV isn’t responding. I specifically bought this for the Alexa feature. 

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Re: Brand New Roku not Responding to Alexa

I did reset reinstall the app link the tv to alexa and i still get roku isn’t responding

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Eenci!

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're trying to set up the Alexa skill on your Roku TV and we'd like to learn more about this.

Let's see what you find out here on our Support page about this: How do I use Amazon Alexa to control my Roku® streaming device?

Or let us know if that has been exhausted so that we can move forward.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eenci
Binge Watcher

I have. Now i also don’t see “pairing with Bluetooth device” option and cant link device to the app

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Eenci,

Thanks for the update! 

Could you share with us if there's any error message? Could you take a picture of it and share the details?

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eenci
Binge Watcher

No error. Just keeps on saying Roku isn’t responding regardless of how many times i resetted both alexa and the TV. As for the pairing bluetooth device option missing. See attach pic. And roku not detecting device. 

IMG_0322.png

image.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Eenci,

Thanks for the quick update!

So this is the Roku mobile app that you're trying to connect with, right? We have additional support about this that can help you better set up this one.

See for more information here: Why does the Roku mobile app not see my Roku® streaming device?

Let me know of that helps!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Ok Roku app detected my device. Thanks. On to the Alexa problem and the missing option to pair with bluetooth device

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Eenci,

Thanks for the update!

Please be advised that Bluetooth feature availability may vary from Roku TVs. If no Bluetooth feature is available under the Remote&Device settings then this doesn't support this feature.

In addition, your Alexa what error message you're seeing on the app when trying to set this up with the TV.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eenci
Binge Watcher

It does have the bluetooth feature. Only on remote and speakers. None for pairing bluetooth device. No error message on tv. And linking is successful. Roku just dont respond to alexa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.