Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Re: Brand New Roku not Responding to Alexa

Hi. Any updates 

0 Kudos
DavidJr
Channel Surfer

This is definitely an issue on Rokus end. There are a whole bunch of people having this same issue. It seems that the newer TVs for some reason are the issue. I myself bought both a Hisense Roku Smart Tv and a TCL Roku Smart Tv and I’ve also seen Phillips and I wanna say Onn TVs are all having this same problem. I personally also opened a ticket with Roku Support for this very issue Oct 20th and still have yet to receive any response at all. I’m not sure if you have an older streaming product or not but it seems like the older models are working just fine. I have a Roku SoundBar that was older and wasn’t working but I was able to play with it and finally got it working..as of now it’s plugged into my Roku TV and all works just fine. I have no idea what’s going on with Roku Support or why in 3 months (in 2 days) they haven’t been able to figure this out let alone give me an update. I was actually told by a customer service rep over the phone (when I tried calling for like the 100th time) that I had bought the wrong tv (I hadn’t) and to try getting another (which is why I bought the TCL), to try getting a Bluetooth receiver (which I did and it didn’t help), and finally I was told that maybe I should try asking a younger family member for help setting up my tv cause it seemed I didn’t understand technology and a younger person would know better. That phone conversation happened a week ago so they were fully aware of this ongoing issue and instead of saying “we are very sorry this has been an ongoing issue that a lot of people are having it’s under investigation and hopefully will be resolved very soon” or something along those lines, it seemed like the rep was trying to somehow make it my fault which wasn’t appreciated. Roku should release some type of statement about this issue because it’s been reported multiple times by various customers so that other people don’t end up in the same situation, so that everyone having the problem can not only have some kind of update but know they aren’t crazy and something is wrong on their end, and they need to focus on the issue and fix it. With technology now a days I don’t  understand how an issue like this hasn’t been resolved in at least 3 months…maybe even longer I’m unsure when the issue started that’s when it did for me. Sorry for the Novel here…I just think Roku should take some accountability for this and actually fix this issue and I also wanted to tell you not to hold your breath for an update or a solution to the problem. It’s gonna be awhile 

0 Kudos
DavidJr
Channel Surfer

I actually just looked back some and saw a post about this issue as far back as 08/02/2023. So it’s been over 5 months at the very least that this has been going on 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Eenci,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate your follow-up and apologize for the wait for a solution to the problem you are experiencing while attempting to connect Alexa through your Roku player.
The team continues to work diligently to investigate the problem. Currently, we haven't heard back, but don't worry—we'll let you know as soon as we do.
We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Thank you. I know you guys are. 

0 Kudos
Krisalan

Just got new Roku tv and same issue. Old Roku tv still working great 🙂 so waiting for what happens here. 🙂

0 Kudos
Eenci
Binge Watcher

Just giving an update. Its all working now. Credit to the product and support team. Probably a firmware update was all it needed. Thank you. For those who are having issues. I hope it already resolved yours as well

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.