Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borky00
Reel Rookie

Bluetooth soundbar connection issue

We have a Hisense Roku TV model 50A6104EUR G1937G1 and I purchased an onn 2.0 soundbar which says it is Roku TV ready and has bluetooth. I think the model # is 2325A. I am trying to connect the two via bluetooth and the TV is not recognizing the soundbar via the add device setting. I do not want to hardwire the speaker to the TV I want to use the bluetooth function.

I am able to connect my phone to the soundbar via bluetooth and pay music. I am also able to connect my phone to the TV through the Roku TV remote app and control the TV. This ,akes me think both devices are functional. 

Is this possible to use bluetooth with these two devices together?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Bluetooth soundbar connection issue

Hello! @Borky00,

We're sending you a warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're happy to help.

• A Bluetooth device can be connected directly to a Roku Plus Series TV. If you have any other Roku TV system, you will need to pair Roku Wireless Speakers or a Roku TV Wireless Soundbar to add Bluetooth capability to your TV.

This article will help you resolve problems you may encounter when attempting to pair, connect, or use your Bluetooth device with your compatible Roku device. How to resolve issues connecting a Bluetooth device to your Roku device

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
Borky00
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the timely reply and the link to help  troubleshoot my issue. I have seen this link and I am not interested in connecting a smartphone, tablet or laptop to anything. 

I want to connect a soundbar to my TV and it is not connecting. Can you please look at the models I posted and let me know if these two devices are compatible? 

0 Kudos
Borky00
Reel Rookie

I am rereading all the information you provided and please let me know if this is all correct. I have a regular Roku TV, not a plus versionKsee modeling the original post). If I hardwire a soundbar to my TV, for example, via HDMI cable, then buy additional Roku speakers. Then I am able to use the bluetooth in the soundbar to wirelessly connect the speakers. This will then play the TV sound in the wireless speakers (and sound bar).

What this is saying is the TV does not have bluetooth capability and I must connect a soundbar and use that bluetooth capability to connect additional speakers. 

If all this is correct must the additional speakers be Roku speakers?

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Borky00,

Thanks for the post,

Yes, with your  Roku TV system with Roku wireless speakers, Roku TV Wireless Soundbar, or TCL Roku TV Wireless Soundbar

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering, you saved my day.

0 Kudos
wwwukor
Channel Surfer

This is very frustrating, but now it's clear. I also bought an .onn branded soundbar, but its not wireless, its bluetooth. But of course my. Onn roku tv is not bluetooth. I wish they would make this more clear. Frustrating, but I do love the roku tvs!

0 Kudos