Discussions

Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retroglove

Certain Apps Do Not Output Surround Sounds. ie Disney Plus, Prime Video..

I've tried two different Express players thinking I had a hardware issue. Been trying to get AVR to recognize a 5.1 signal. It will with Blu Ray so I know AVR is set up properly. Eventually ended up switching on YouTube Tv through the Express and BOOM instantly we're seeing 5.1 so that tells me I have setting correct in the device.

Go try it on Prime Video and it's right back to 2.1. I'm selecting movies that show they are streaming in 5.1. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I'd really like to watch some content through these two apps in particular and have the surround sound work. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Certain Apps Do Not Output Surround Sounds. ie Disney Plus, Prime Video..

Some providers don't play a 5.1 audio track by default. Try selecting a different audio track (it's usually accessed the same way captions might be). It's not the fault of the Roku player, it's the way the provider programs their app.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Cozy5280
Reel Rookie

I was just having this issue and changed Audio output on Roku settings from Auto to Pass through. Seems to be working but I couldn’t tell you why.

0 Kudos
Cozy5280
Reel Rookie

*Roku ultra 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.