Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skiramoenchen
Channel Surfer

Soundbar glitches, not pausing, randomly reboots

I have the same issue and my soundbar is not very old at all.  This never happened with my regular Roku device.  Did you get any answers regarding this issue as I have not found a fix?  My worst channel is Netflix that is afflicted. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Soundbar glitches, not pausing, randomly reboots

Hi @skiramoenchen,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

Have you already tried connecting the Soundbar to another HDMI port on the TV to see if that helps?

For troubleshooting purposes, can you try connecting your Soundbar to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ilpirata
Reel Rookie

Never got an answer. Haven't been able to figure it out. Very random. Sometimes it's fine for a week, then it will be trash for a few days in a row. Seems worse on Netflix and Apple TV than other channels.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @ilpirata,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

We would be more than happy to investigate further, but we will need further details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version or build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.
We look forward to working with you to help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
omega1megs

I have the same issue. Soundbar is about a year old and it will lock up ever few weeks, I have to unplug it and let it cool off and plug it in, so I purchased 2 new ones directly from Roku, same problem, one is still in the box unopen. I suspect it is a over heating issue. It does happen more often with Netflix then others.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @omega1megs,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have provided to try to resolve the issue. Please note that we are currently aware, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details above posted by @RokuArjiemar so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.