Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coastal89
Reel Rookie

Blue Screen "Under Maintenance"

I think my TV was hacked.

I've been seeing that I can watch Oxygen channel on Roku, so I tried adding the app and got a message to create an NBC Universal account and enter the code that was provided on the screen. I did that and it gave me an 888 number to call. When I called that number, she was allegedly trying to activate Oxygen channel but then I got a blue screen that says "Under Maintenance…". I was told by the rep on the phone that Roku now charges $59/year standard or $109/year premium. I told her no way because Roku doesn't charge and now, unless I pay for one of those plans, I'm stuck with this blue screen and can't watch my TV. At the time, I was on my living room TV and contacted TCL and they helped me with fixing the issue; however, my bedroom TV won't reset to factory settings, so I just go in a loop and can't get rid of this. It now takes me to guest mode and won't let me disable it no matter how many times I tried. When I turn it off, it goes back to the blue screen again.

Does anybody have any idea on what to do aside from getting a new TV. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blue Screen "Under Maintenance"

Hi @coastal89,

Thank you for reporting this issue here in the Roku Community.

We understand that you're experiencing a blue screen when accessing your TV. We're happy to assess this further with a few more details. Would you mind providing us with the following details:

1. What specific Roku device is affected? (e.g., Roku TV, Roku Express, Roku Streambar etc.)
  2. When did you start having this issue? (Before or after the Roku software update)
  3. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
  4. A photo or video clip when the issue occurs.

Additionally, instead of factory resetting through settings, please try performing a hard reset by locating the reset button on your Roku device. Press and hold it until the TV shuts off.

Kindly inform us of your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coastal89
Reel Rookie

It's a Roku TV.  The issue started last weekend.  I wasn't aware of any Roku software update, but I was able to fix my living room TV with the help of TCL support.  However, this TCL TV won't budge.  I've unplugged the TV, held the power button for 20 seconds, plugged it back in and the TV turns on automatically. I then press in the reset button for 20 seconds and it restarts the TV; however, it just goes back to the "under maintenance" screen. After all this, I've come to learn that this is in guest mode which I can't disable. I've tried both a soft reset and a hard reset. I just want it back to factory settings at this point.#1 - This is what is on my TV when I turn it on.#1 - This is what is on my TV when I turn it on.#2 - This is what I get if I click on "checkout date".#2 - This is what I get if I click on "checkout date".#3 - This is what I get if I click the asterisk on the remote during the "under maintenance" screen.#3 - This is what I get if I click the asterisk on the remote during the "under maintenance" screen.

0 Kudos
coastal89
Reel Rookie

You would think all I have to do is click on "exit guest mode", but it's not that simple because it goes right back to the under maintenance again and just keeps taking me in a loop. I've gone to roku.com to try to turn off guest mode that way, but that's not doing anything either.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @coastal89.

We appreciate the precise details you have provided and the troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to fix the issue.

Rest assured, we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, could you provide us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About). Note: You can skip these details if it's not possible to retrieve this information.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken so far.
Once we have gathered a few more pieces of information, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EliNoe
Reel Rookie

Re: No menus No icons. Unable to use Roku TV

Solution didn’t work for me!  
blue screen came back after connecting to network!

tried unplugging and restarting

tried clearing cache…

any other suggestions please?

0 Kudos
EliNoe
Reel Rookie

Blue screen on TV no menu, no settings available.

Hi,

TV was working fine, but today blue screen appeared and no menu or settings available. 

Tried

• unplugging and restarting,  
  • cleared cache multiple times,
  • even hard reset.

Nothing worked, blue screen always reappear!! 

Please help!

————————

Issue report tracker

Model: C105X - Roku TV

Serial number: X00000LCDGUS (S036D01CDGUS)

Software version: 13.0.0 • build 24062-93

GC version: 11.6.20

Timestamp: 2024-06-09T15:02:40Z

Please use issue ID US-231-302 to report the current

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Blue screen on TV no menu, no settings available.

We appreciate the details you have shared, @EliNoe.

Rest assured, we have collected and reviewed the details you have shared. Besides these details, may we know if you're seeing an error message on your screen? A photo of the said issue would be really helpful. 

We anticipate your response.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
coastal89
Reel Rookie

Model #32S327

Serial #1901GTO001069A00677

At this point, I think I may have to just get a new TV, but I'd rather avoid that if at all possible. 

I really appreciate your help with this.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
EliNoe
Reel Rookie

Re: Blue screen on TV no menu, no settings available.

Thank you for your help @RokuJanadeeK. No error at all,  just a nearly blank blue screen. Screen saver comes on after a while, but resumes to blue screen if we try doing something. 
here is a picture.

IMG_3553.jpeg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.