Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlieStuart
Reel Rookie

Blu-ray player turns on when tv is turned on

Jump to solution

Hi... I just bought a RCA Roku TV, which I quite like so far. However, I have one issue I can't seem to figure out. I have a blu-ray receiver attached to an HDMI port on the tv, and the player keeps powering up automatically whenever I turn the TV on. Is there a way to set things up so that the player stays powered down when I turn the tv on?

Thanks in advance for any insights....

Charlie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CharlieStuart
Reel Rookie

Re: Blu-ray player turns on when tv is turned on

Jump to solution

Update for anyone who may be interested ... turns out it was a setting on my Sony blu-ray receiver, called "Control for HDMI". Apparently it's a Sony Bravia thing that lets devices connected via HDMI cable communicate with each other. It was set to ON on the receiver, so when the Roku TV powered up, it basically said 'hi' to the receiver, causing it to turn on. I went into the receiver's settings and changed the "Control for HDMI" to OFF and voila, the receiver now ignores the tv when I turn it on.

Cheers....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CharlieStuart
Reel Rookie

Re: Blu-ray player turns on when tv is turned on

Jump to solution

Update for anyone who may be interested ... turns out it was a setting on my Sony blu-ray receiver, called "Control for HDMI". Apparently it's a Sony Bravia thing that lets devices connected via HDMI cable communicate with each other. It was set to ON on the receiver, so when the Roku TV powered up, it basically said 'hi' to the receiver, causing it to turn on. I went into the receiver's settings and changed the "Control for HDMI" to OFF and voila, the receiver now ignores the tv when I turn it on.

Cheers....

0 Kudos