Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkessler
Reel Rookie

TCL Roku TV Black screen since purchase

Jump to solution

Good day. 

I can't get Roku TCL to stream roku channel. Live TV, roku channel shows etc won't work.

Loads channel guide and then spinning circle and black screen.

Tried restarting to factory many times. Reset router, reset modem, tried many different DNS options (I work on IT). 

Bought this 65" TV at Christmas. Phoned TCL, they said they will send a new update. New update came to no avail. 

All other apps work fine except for Roku channel and live tv

Info from issue report tracker 

Model: G605X - Roku TV

Serial number : X012001DD34P (S0UJ73ADD34P)

Software number: 12.5.5 build 4174-G0

GC version: 11.3.24

Timestamp:2024-04-30T05:42:54Z

issue ID 4P-173-142

Can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Black screen since purchase

Jump to solution

Hi, @mkessler

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're unable to watch content on the Live TV Channel Guide and The Roku Channel, and we're here to assist. Upon checking the details, your Roku account is currently registered in the US region, but according to your statement, you're in Canada. To resolve this issue, we recommend using a new email address created in your current region and activating your Roku TV once more. Here are the steps for your guidelines.

1. Create a new email address for a Roku account. You can be guided here: How to create a Roku account
  2. Reactivate your Roku TV using the new email address.

Once you have followed the steps above, you should be able to access the contents on the Live TV Channel Guide and The Roku Channel. 

We hope this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you in the US or one of the other few countries where The Roku Channel is supported?  Are you using a VPN?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mkessler
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Im in Canada.

No VPN.

Thank you kindly 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @mkessler

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're unable to watch content on the Live TV Channel Guide and The Roku Channel, and we're here to assist. Upon checking the details, your Roku account is currently registered in the US region, but according to your statement, you're in Canada. To resolve this issue, we recommend using a new email address created in your current region and activating your Roku TV once more. Here are the steps for your guidelines.

1. Create a new email address for a Roku account. You can be guided here: How to create a Roku account
  2. Reactivate your Roku TV using the new email address.

Once you have followed the steps above, you should be able to access the contents on the Live TV Channel Guide and The Roku Channel. 

We hope this works.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator