Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mleigh
Reel Rookie

Apps will not open on my Hisense roku TV

I have a Hisense Roku TV and my Netflix app is the only one that works. It started a few months ago if I try to open anything except Netflix or Roku Live TV my screen goes black. I waited to see if it needed loading time but nothing happens until I return to home. I uninstalled the apps/restarted the system and reinstalled and it still won’t open any apps. I bought the tv in December so it shouldn’t be too old. Is there anything else I can try? 

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Apps will not open on my Hisense roku TV

Hi @Mleigh,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're happy to help you with your problem streaming the channels on your Roku TV. Please try to restart your modem and router. You can also try to use cellular data so we can try connecting your Roku TV to your hotspot. Lastly, please try to update the channels to ensure that they are up-to-date.

Let us know if it works.

Best regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jjcates85
Reel Rookie

Having the same issue since this morning (Hulu and Netflix), they work on other devices and TVs, just not my year old Hisense 🤷🏼‍♂️…did doing any of this help you?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jjcates85,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Hulu and Netflix channels. We're happy to assist you. Did you try the troubleshooting steps that @RokuEuniceL provided above? If not, please try and see if that fixes the issue that you're seeing.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mleigh
Reel Rookie

I did try all of that and none of it worked. 

0 Kudos
Mleigh
Reel Rookie

No none of it helped Netflix is still the only app that opens despite trying all of the suggestions I could find. Including the prev responses. I just use air play if I want to play a different app

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mleigh,

Thanks for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem streaming other channel platforms on your Roku TV. Which state are you currently residing in, and where did you activate your Roku TV? Are you currently using a VPN? Please be advised that some channels might not be available for streaming, especially if they are not available or supported in your region or network.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The advise you’re giving isn’t helping why not update your stuff so we can watch the apps we paid for 

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fixtheissue23,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with your issue on Roku TV. Please try to restart your Roku TV by going to settings, system, power, and system restart. After restarting your Roku TV, please try to restart your modem and router.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Loren2

Having the same issues. Did all the steps above and still nothing. One day it was working perfectly fine and then started this. 

0 Kudos