Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thelsun1

Anyone else suddenly having Tubi tell them that they need to be signed in to watch R-rated movies?

Jump to solution

I haven't used Tubi since before their logo and UI update, but today when I went to watch an R-rated movie, it's now telling me "This title requires a sign in to protect younger audiences.".

I've never seen this before, and it's only happening on my Roku Express, no one else's, and not the Samsung smart TV either.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Anyone else suddenly having Tubi tell them that they need to be signed in to watch R-rated mo...

Jump to solution

Hi @thelsun1,

Thank you for informing us about your inquiry about accessing R-rated movies on Tubi. Together, we will figure it out so we can help you resolve the problem. Kindly provide us with more details.

• Did you try signing in to one movie and checking other R-rated movies to see if it was a one-time log-in or a requirement for every R-rated movie?
  • Is your parental control on Roku enabled?
  • Have you tried reaching out directly to Tubi?

Your Roku streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations. You can modify that by checking out this support article on blocking content using parental controls. Also, the channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. If this persists, we recommend contacting the channel partner directly, for that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Anyone else suddenly having Tubi tell them that they need to be signed in to watch R-rated mo...

Jump to solution

Hi @thelsun1,

Thank you for informing us about your inquiry about accessing R-rated movies on Tubi. Together, we will figure it out so we can help you resolve the problem. Kindly provide us with more details.

• Did you try signing in to one movie and checking other R-rated movies to see if it was a one-time log-in or a requirement for every R-rated movie?
  • Is your parental control on Roku enabled?
  • Have you tried reaching out directly to Tubi?

Your Roku streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations. You can modify that by checking out this support article on blocking content using parental controls. Also, the channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. If this persists, we recommend contacting the channel partner directly, for that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MM5814

Jump to solution

What is the upcoming policy change ROKU is making regarding TUBI?  It is on all their channel programs.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.