Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ray0813

Antenna channels disappear after turning off tv

I see from other posts that since 2/23 my same problem continues with no answer from Roku. We are getting no help for "Antenna channels disappear after turning off tv".

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Antenna channels disappear after turning off tv

Hi @ray0813,

Welcome, and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with your OTA channel's disappearance after turning off the TV. We're glad to help. Would you mind clarifying if you meant that you wanted to be prompted to your antenna channels once you turned on your TV? If so, you have options to control this by going to Settings > System > Power > Power On. There should be an option to change the power settings.

Furthermore, kindly try to perform a system restart on your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power (if this is not an option, kindly skip the step) > System Restart. After doing so, please try to re-scan the local channels; you can refer to this support article here for more information on scanning local channels. Also, updating the correct zip code information might help.

If the issue persists after performing all the provided troubleshooting steps above, please keep us posted so we can continue assisting.

Sincerest thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PittStar
Reel Rookie

Hello, I just recently cut the cord and bought an antenna and am having the same problem.

It seems you're not clear on what is happening. I have scanned for OTA channels and can watch them just fine. However, if I turn the TV off, when I turn it back on these channels are not appearing in the Live TV listings and I have to rescan to get them again.

Why doesn't the TV remember them after turning it off? Is there a way to fix this so they stay on every time? Scanning is time-consuming, and because you also have to edit your favorites or manage channels to quickly find them again, this is needlessly difficult.

Please tell us how to keep these channels.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PittStar,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience you had with Antenna channels disappearing after turning off your TV. Kindly refer to @RokuJanaeeK's post above this thread, A provided troubleshooting steps are included in the post that solves this issue.

Let us know how it works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
PittStar
Reel Rookie

Kash,

This seems to have worked! And I no longer need to hide streaming channels, either.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.