Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhkley
Reel Rookie

Antenna TV guide only working when connected to network

While the customer care loading indicator spins around and around, I am trying to figure out how I am going to watch Jeopardy.  I can ONLY get it off air, and I have just finished installing the Streaming Stick, and not only are no off air channels in the Roku Live Tv Guide, I can't find the TV inputs link on my tv anymore.  I've been having this stupid problem for a few weeks now, but I can scan for off air channels and it comes back.  Now I can't even find the TV Inputs link anymore.  That is seriously screwed up.

I Only have tv off internet.  I live in a remote off grid location.  All my telecom is wireless, but this is a freeking pain in the **bleep**.  I did a factory reset a while ago, and it also sucked, involving reloading a number of subscription channels etc. 

Can Anyone tell me where they Hid the TV Input or Scan for Available Channels buttons???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
mhkley
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku TV - can't watch or change over the air antenna channels with out internet connection

I only have an internet connection, and it does the same thing here.  I am off grid, and have had an antenna plugged into my tv (Hisense Roku Smart (right) Tv).  Until I tried to fix another problem (programs stopping several times ) by installing a streaming stick (Roku) tonight I was able to get both the guide and the content, along with my favorites and recents, by running a fresh scan for channels.  NOW I don't even have that option, since the TV Inputs selection is completely deleted.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku TV - can't watch or change over the air antenna channels with out internet connection

@mhkley, only Roku TVs have inputs.  You won't find any "TV inputs" section on any stand-alone player.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mhkley
Reel Rookie

I have a Hisense Roku enabled tv.  I have always used the TV Input tool to scan for off air channels.  Recently it has been a pretty regular thing, since for some reason, Roku Live often doesn't populate (?) the Antenna Channel guide, which it used to do, and did do after a scan.  Now, after installing the Streaming Stick to try to solve the kick out of programming problems, No Antenna Channels and NO TV Input Tool in Settings or Advanced Settings or anywhere else. 

Late last night, for chuckles, I took the old, unsynched remote to see if it would still work.  To my complete amazement, it not only worked, but all my antenna channels are visible, my Favorites and Recents have reappeared, and I find TV Inputs when I look.  Wow.

I suggest that anyone trying to improve performance by installing a Roku streaming stick NOT synch their old remote, just do the new one,  So far this is working for me. 

In view of the utterly dismal customer service I had and see documented in this forum, I will be limiting the total expense of system upgrade devices to one half the cost of the television.  When the tv seems to be expensively obsolete, I will buy something else and consider other options than Roku devices,

0 Kudos