Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenScrew
Channel Surfer

Roku TVs not found by Alexa

Jump to solution

I’m not having any luck finding my Roku TVs through Alexa!

I have 7 various/different Rokus at 2 physical locations (vacation home) that all show up and work fine but the 3 Roku TVs I have are not being found? It seems it must be an issue with Roku TVs specifically since they are the only devices on my account that are not being discovered.

The Roku TVs are 2 TCL TVs and one Hisense TV, 2 of which are at one location and the other is at another location. This tend to exclude any network issues. Fast startup is enabled on all 3. I have disabled and re-enabled the Roku skill multiple times, and the standard Rokus are all discovered when re-enabling but never any of the Roku TVs.

Any ideas, or are Roku TVs no longer supported by the Roku skill for Alexa?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GreenScrew
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku TVs not found by Alexa

Jump to solution

I conclude that this issue was in fact some broken functionality that was recently fixed as of Friday, Jan 20. Without any interaction by me I was notified by my Alexa app that 3 new devices were found. It was the 3 missing Roku TVs. All is well again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@GreenScrew

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by our Support page here: Control your streaming devices with Alexa

If you are still experiencing an issue, please keep us posted and we will get you in touch with our Support team.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GreenScrew
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I conclude that this issue was in fact some broken functionality that was recently fixed as of Friday, Jan 20. Without any interaction by me I was notified by my Alexa app that 3 new devices were found. It was the 3 missing Roku TVs. All is well again.

0 Kudos