Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vern99
Reel Rookie

After prgramming tv, my scanned channels when i turn it off

After I scan channels (antennae and cable, they are added to my live tv lineup. However, after I turn off the tv, these scanned channels drop so the next time I turn on the tv, they are gone and I must rescan. Total PITA.  I am connected to the network via WIFI which is 100% solid with dtrong signal.

TV Model: TC 43S425 

SW Version: 13.1.4 - build 1510-30

Anybody else having these issues.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: After prgramming tv, my scanned channels when i turn it off

Hi @vern99,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for getting in touch about the trouble with your OTA channels. We want to know more about what's going on and figure out how to help.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Is this an issue you've experienced, or is this the first time?
  • Does this also happen even after the system restart (Settings > System > Power > System restart)? Or an issue along after turning it off.

Let us know more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
vern99
Reel Rookie

Re: After prgramming tv, my scanned channels when i turn it off

I sent an email to TCL support and they were able to provide guidance which led to me resocoing the problem on two of my TCL flat screens.

On july 22,2024 here was their suggested trouble shooting steps:

To prevent  your TV from channel loss when turning OFF, consider the following steps:

Manage Live TV Settings: After rescanning your channels, go to Settings > TV Inputs > Live TV > Manage Channels and check the option to Hide Streaming Channels. This may help in retaining your antenna channels without interference from streaming options

Also if you want to access your local channels without scanning it over and over again, just go to Settings > TV Inputs > Manage Channels > Rename and then rename this Live TV input to "Antenna" or whatever you please.

If it still is not showing on your home screen, go back to Settings > TV Inputs, scroll down to Inputs Not Being Used, and select Setup Input. Please note that it is labeled as Live TV by default.

Whenever you want to watch your antenna, over-the-Air, or local channels, make sure you select on your home screen the Antenna input or whatever you renamed it to. Do not select Live TV from the left-side menu because that is for streaming channels only.

Try placing your antenna in different places, including the cable that connects it, as that is part of your antenna as well.

Manual System Updates: Regularly check for updates manually without allowing automatic updates. You can do this by navigating to Settings > System > System Update > Check Now. This way, you can monitor updates and decide when to apply them based on user feedback regarding their impact on channel loss
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.