Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kev33
Binge Watcher

Re: Program Information Missing from Smart Guide

Jump to solution

That happens for me quite often, a channel in the guide says no information but when I tune to the channel information shows up in it's channel banner. The guide also sometimes lists wrong programs that aren't playing on that channel. These errors usually correct theselves in a few days and not all of them are Roku's fault. A lot of it is the channels themselves, either putting no information or the wrong information in the channel information included with the broadcast channel's signal. Remember each station has employees either doing or overseeing this process, everything originates there.

0 Kudos
scolson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

thing is, i've had my tv for years and never had an issue with programming until the last software update .  Just saying....

scolson
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Also, program data disappeared next day after software was updated previous evening, months ago, still no program data displayed.  I've purchased 3 ruku tv's in the past.  I think I'm done, looking at fire tv's for replacement.

gillesC
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The guide is back on both of my sets, and it wasn't just one channel missing information for one show. It was the whole guide missing all information. They must be using a server for this. Separate from what the stations send out.

0 Kudos
Baket
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct! It is no fault of ours. I have 2 different roku TVs. I’ve had one for a few years and the other new.  After the software update awhile ago they both did the same thing. More than a dozen people on here in different parts of the country have had the same experience. This problem is a bug in the software update. I have done everything asked of me to remedy this. It’s not our fault. Not a consumer issue, it is Roku’s issue. Otherwise why would it effect all these consumers. 

CAP10
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Fix your firmware already anntenna tv guide all messed up. No bs, i program for a living. Oct 2022 update screwed up all summer. You pushing out allot of updates which means you know about it. Antenna tv over the air not your dam streaming channels. This is a dam tv right. Fix this guide issue remote stops working will not bring up guide will not change channels nothing. Voice works just none stop issues nothing has been fixed. Everybody who owns tcl tv has this same issue all 2022 summer and now end of oct. NO BS replies tcl, FIX IT ass. Tcl 55r635.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CAP10

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jimconnor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R, I think we are all pretty clear on the issues here and we are also pretty clear that Roku is either incapable or unwilling to fix them. The program information for broadcast channels has been failing for tons of users for many months now.

Slw32317
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are 100% correct Jimconnor.  My program guide was finally fixed by Roku, but it took several months.  Tech support on the issue of incorrect program guide is a waste of time, (reset zip code, screen shots, etc) there is nothing you can do to fix this issue as an end user.  This is a problem with the program guide which once corrected by Roku will fix your channel guide.

jmele
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have no program information in the GUIDE for any channel. If I go to a channel and bring up the info it comes up so it's just in the guide. This has been going on for MONTHS now.

I've re-entered zip, re-scanned for channels, unplugged, system restart, system update, etc etc etc.

0 Kudos