Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMD2022

After Update Antenna (OTA) Channel Guide displays "No information available"

Jump to solution

It appears after a recent software update (I can only tell because a few icons changed on the Roku OS), the channel information for OTA channels is no longer displaying.  I get only the message "no information available."  I'm using a Hisense 50" Roku TV.

I've tried restarting the system, disabling the "live streaming" channels part of the guide, rescanning all antenna channels and then tinkering with my zip code to see if maybe a zip code in a nearby larger city would work.  Those attempts didn't resolve the issue.  I do recall this happening once before after a software update, but it either resolved itself or I found a fix I can't recall.

I didn't see any super recent posts on this (they all seem to cluster to last year when this likely happened to me as well), so I thought I'd start a new one.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?  If it requires a software tweak, how do we go about making Roku aware of the issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
440mike
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku channel guide doesn't load.

Jump to solution

My guide on both my TCLs just stopped. Installed the icon back to antenna from live tv, changed the zip code, had to do a rescan of channels and working for now. 

View solution in original post

118 REPLIES 118
NetAmigo

Re: Program Information Missing from Smart Guide

Jump to solution

I had this problem. I checked my internet connection under settings and saw that I was disconnected. When I tried to reconnect, my router name did not appear in the wi-fi list. I could not get it to appear by refreshing. I turned off TV and then pulled it's plug. I waited a minute or so. I plugged it back in. I turned the TV back on. It immediately downloaded an update and installed it. Thus, it connected again to my router. Everything worked fine again.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

No data available [No information] for local channels in Roku Live TV guide

Jump to solution

All I see is "No information" for local channels in the Roku Live TV guide on my Roku TV's. I tried everything, including removing the antenna cable and rescanning then restarting the TV and hooking up the cable and scanning again.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Pudy23
Channel Surfer

Re: Can no longer get antenna channels - no channel available

Jump to solution

It's been a week since the Channel guide messed up. FYI: I can get the channels but they will disappear at times.  I have to rescan for channels multiple times. Not how I wanted to spend my time.  I'm actually very hesitant to try LiveTV.

I just want the folks at Roku to know I never had this problem until one week ago. I purchased new TV last summer (2021) Channel guide worked perfectly up until recently. 

Today's drama a friend call today to say her Channel guide went bye bye. 

If Roku is working on this problem they haven't fixed it yet. 

sunsaz

Antenna channels not showing up on LiveTV

Jump to solution

I used to be able to see the channels from the antenna with no problem until one day they just didn’t show up on the LIVE TV output channel. All the Roku streaming channels are there but none form the antenna. I reset it and scanned for channels again repeated times and all those times it says that 20+ channels were found but they don’t show up on the Live Tv when I click to check. I tried several antenas and they all find channels but they don’t show up on the tv. Anyone else have this problem? 

demsd
Roku Guru

Re: Can no longer get antenna channels - no channel available

Jump to solution

@Pudy23 wrote:

I can get the channels but they will disappear at times.  I have to rescan for channels multiple times.

I get the locals but no programming information is in the guide. The only way to know what is on is to scroll through the locals and look at the information box at the bottom of the screen.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

To revive this thread, we suddenly started having this problem again with our TCL Roku TV. Starting May 10th suddenly there was no program data listed. After a couple of days a few of the channels started filling in information. Then on the morning of May 13th we received a firmware update, which we were alerted to because the TV icon changed, and now there is no program information at all. Rebooting the set doesn't change anything and neither does changing the zip code to another nearby area. There used to be a program guide app but it looks like that has been removed by Roku. Anyone else experience this recently and find a solution?

440mike
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

My guide on both my TCLs just stopped. Installed the icon back to antenna from live tv, changed the zip code, had to do a rescan of channels and working for now. 

Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@440mike, thanks, that worked! I figured out how to change the logo back to "Antenna TV", changed the zip code to another in the nearby major city, and rebooted the TV. Now the guide is back. (Must be really buggy firmware, it's almost like "stand upside down in a corner and reboot the TV while whistling the Star Spangled Banner during a full moon and it should work".)

gvillegeo73
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My ota guide is broken with this latest update also. The problem affects only my out of market stations. All of my local DMA station's guide data is all there; it's the neighboring market station data is all missing. The only way I've found to fix it is to totally factory reset my tv.  Every time Roku rolls out an update they break something. They're the absolute worst!