Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaie421
Reel Rookie

Adding OTA local stations manually on Roku TV

I am having the same issue. The problem is the channel I am trying get has an antenna right next to an antenna of a channel I am able to get. Explain that to me. Roku clearly didn’t consider this when designing remote and tv that you can’t manually input a channel into. Too bad my granddaughter paid 600 for this tv as a gift to me otherwise I’d kick it to the curb and get a Sony or LG.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Adding OTA local stations manually on Roku TV

Hi @Shaie421

Welcome to the Roku Community!

I understand your frustration with the issue you are facing while trying to manually add OTA local stations on your Roku TV.

To manually add OTA local stations on your Roku TV, you can follow these steps:

• Connect your OTA antenna to your Roku TV.
  • Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  • Scroll up or down and select "Antenna TV" from the list of options.
  • Select "Set up input" and follow the on-screen instructions to scan for available channels.
  • If the channel you want to add is not found during the scanning process, you can try adding it manually by selecting "Add channel" and entering the channel's frequency or call letters.

However, if you are still having trouble adding the channel, you may need to check the signal strength of the channel in question. If the signal strength is weak, you may need to adjust your antenna or use a stronger antenna to improve the signal.

Regarding your concern about the proximity of the two antennas, it is possible that they are causing interference with each other. You may need to reposition your antennas or use a signal amplifier to reduce interference and improve reception.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Shaie421
Reel Rookie

Re: Adding OTA local stations manually on Roku TV

I tried this but I don’t have the option for antenna tv so I used the live tv option. I was able to scan for ota channels but was not given the option to add channels when the scan was complete.

Shannon

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.