Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

58” RCA roku keeps opening input menu on its own then powers itself off

Recently I just got a used Roku tv off some guy on marketplace (dumb idea I guess.) When I got home right when I was setting it up the TV immediately started opening the input menu, scrolling down a little on the menu and then selects “power off” and then I get the “powering off” notification and then counts down until it turns off. Eventually it will turn it self on and repeat the cycle. I noticed on the IR sensor it is flashing red like I’m inputting that on the remote but I’m not (I took the batteries out and just wanted to see if it would continue to have a mind of it’s own, and of course it did.) I did the whole reset, restart, factory reset mumbojumbo and still nothing. Tried using the Roku app as the remote for it on my phone and the issue was still there.

I noticed that the physical button on the TV controls the menu and input selection too so maybe it’s the button? I tried wiggling it and it didn’t seem stuck or anything and it works.

Do need to replace the IR sensor or power button on the actual TV? This is literally driving me mental lol. Someone’s gotta know something, there’s a few threads on this issue and none seem to be solved..

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.