Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dskeldon

Unwanted and unwarranted subscription

I am a spectrum subscriber. Somehow I have been billed $ 239.00 for a subscription to the YES streaming channel. That channel is included with a spectrum subscription. How do I cancel the YES charge? I really feel like ROKU has made it nearly impossible to cancel an unwanted and unsolicited charge. I merely signed into MYROKU and now I’m charged for something I didn’t want or need. Please cancel this YES subscription immediately.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unwanted and unwarranted subscription

No one on this forum can cancel it for you. If you go to your Roku user account site, you can see any subscriptions you have through Roku and cancel it there. 

But I have a hunch you aren't being billed by Roku, regardless of what your CC bill says. That price seems way too high for any subscription service available on a Roku device, although I do see that YES is pretty expensive.

Once you log into your account, look to see if there's any such subscription. My guess is there won't be one. That means your CC information has been stolen and the thieves are trying to steal from you. If that is the case, you must immediately contest the charge and ask your bank to cancel your card and issue you one with a new number. 

If there really is such a subscription on your account, you must have subscribed to it, perhaps unknowingly, but just the same it's legitimate. Cancel it right there on your user site, then contact Roku support here to see if they might be able to get you a refund. Normally Roku does not/cannot refund a legitimate subscription, but there might be some exceptions. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.