Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 💡 OS 13 Announced! Learn more here

@Dragon_Cro wrote:

Bug: after automatic updates to OS 13, Roku Express 4K+ (3941X) has NO AUDIO. How do I roll back the previous version it works fine with previous version? How do I turn off automatic update?

You cannot roll back an OS install, and you cannot disable auto updates. I don't have any sound issues with my Express 4K+, so I first suggest doing a power reset. Completely remove the power, then wait 30 seconds before plugging it back it. Sometimes an update requires a complete power cycle before everything works correctly. My work laptop was updated to Windows 11 last week, and the video card drivers did not work right until I again rebooted the computer. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092

@AvsGunnar wrote:

@andyross 

Switch to the Nebula wallpaper and the lower left ad should disappear. 

Rats, they caught on to it. I just tried Nebula and the ad is still there. 😞

Dan

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@atc98092 wrote:

Rats, they caught on to it. I just tried Nebula and the ad is still there. 😞

-----

Ahhhh.  Looks like the other little bug may have been addressed too as the simple switching between wallpapers doesn't remove the extra ad either today.  Oh well.  

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Zaxbox
Reel Rookie

OS13 will not load onto my TCL TV. It's just going in a loading loop until it fails and tries to install the update again. 

Roku TV J101X
TCL Model 55R655

Connection: Hardwired

Recovery Mode: Progress goes to 100%

Installing Final Update: Progress 0%.

Usually it just times out, I guess, and goes back to OS 12.5.x. Today, it's been going in this loop for two hours so far.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Zaxbox in case you haven't tried this, unplug the TV from the wall and let it set for a minimum of 30 seconds. This ensures it's done a complete clean boot. If it still gets stuck on the install, it may need a factory reset. I know it's a pain to sign back into your apps, but sometimes that's the only thing that clears any potential corrupted code.

Also, with a Roku TV you do have the option of downloading the OS update onto a USB stick and try to install it that way. See this page for more information.

Dan

Zaxbox
Reel Rookie

I've tried the USB update. The file that it gives me is older than my current OS and won't let me use it because you cannot downgrade. I'll unplug the set and see if I can get back to the Recovery screen and do a factory reset.

0 Kudos
Zaxbox
Reel Rookie

I've done the factory reset and it now says that I'm running 13.0.0. 24056-DK. Now it's trying to check for updates but it can't seem to connect to Roku. I've tried wireless and wired connections and I keep getting:

Connection Dropped
(regNetworkDown: 0)
(regNetworkDown: -4)
(actionID: 0 err: 0 -4)

I'm guessing that it can't connect to the Roku server. My internet works fine with everything else.

I've rebooted my router and modem. 

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Zaxbox! Not all Roku TVs have received OS 13 yet. Your TV will update automatically. Is it working otherwise?

Happy Streaming!

Zaxbox
Reel Rookie

Yes. It's fine now and it's updated to 13.0. It took about another 30 minutes after my last post but it finally got to the screen for me to login into my account. I couldn't the first two attempts but on the third one it went through. All of my apps are back now. I just have to log back into those accounts. That was a serious ordeal but at least it's done. 

The update was automatic. I didn't initiate the update. It had been trying to update since the weekend but this time it did not revert back to 12.5.x so that I could use my TV. It just got locked into a loop so I had to figure out how to get through it. 

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully the next update will go as smooth as past updates did.

0 Kudos
KageRyu
Channel Surfer

@andyross I am seeing that too, and I agree it is annoying.  As it is some time ago they added that Giant ad panel on the right that often displays content I find objectionable and can not remove, disable, or comment on.

Also now there is a row of "Suggestions" above the channel app tiles and almost all of them are for paid content.

Enough already Roku! Stop with finding new ways to clutter our dashboard with ads and marketing already.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.