Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

Re: 💡 OS 13 Announced! Learn more here

I swear Roku has some of the slowest software rollouts.   I have 4 streaming devices that finally updated to OS 13 yet I have 2 Roku TVs that are still on 12.5.5.   At my son's house there are 2 Roku TVs there as well yet to be upgraded past 12.5.5.   And we're in June.

andyross
Roku Guru

Unless they are Roku branded TV's, it can take longer because the hardware is unique to TCL, Hisense, etc... It has to be checked and verified and updated by the manufacturer. It's also in some cases that the manufacturer no longer supports that model, so there may be no more OS updates.

0 Kudos
BamaInArk
Streaming Star

My 2 final ROKU TVs(both TCL and fairly new) finally updated TODAY(6/7/24).  I will need to go to my son's house to see if the 2 there have or will update.

0 Kudos
lcd1701
Reel Rookie

My TCL TV finally got updated last night.

0 Kudos
madbrain

I updated my device to Roku OS 13 today.

Not seeing the new features:

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.