Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

[Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

Noticed I now have to verify with some Cloudflare thing that I am a human every time I try to log into the Roku Community. So far, no pictures, but this is getting insane.

38 REPLIES 38
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

Agree I can't even use firefox sign in here or my ROKU account. Get stuck in a loop. Click verify, same page loads again. Have to use Chrome now.  

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I am using Firefox without problems.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I too am using Firefox without any issues.  And I never see any verify human stuff because I never have to log back in.  It’s weird how this site behaves so differently for different users.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

This just started on Monday.

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

OK, got it one of my extensions, Block HTML5 auto play was messing it up. once i disabled that went OK.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Roku used to use Captcha to help weed out the bots that are used to post spam content. There were many problems and complaints about the system, and Roku took it off a couple of months ago. Yes, they added this new system very recently. If it helps block those annoying bots, I'm fine with it. It's only a single mouse click to accept it, and that's not a biggie. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
andyross
Roku Guru

The new Cloudflare thing isn't working. Lots of spam in the community again today.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

If a person is creating the spam, there's no way a filter like this will stop them. It only stops the bots, which I have no doubt is responsible for most of it. But if they still pay people to create spam like that, there's little that can be done other than flagging the spam as it happens. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

If you stop and think about it this could be portrayed as highly offensive to some. That you must verify that you are human with Cloudflare. As if humans are the only race that matter! What if someone were a sentient alien lifeform instead? This would be very rude to exclude them in this instance!

In the same way that it's offensive to visit sites that block you unless you verify you are "Not a Robot". Well what about all the robots, droids and cyborgs out there? I am sure they would find those standards highly offensive as well!

Can't we all just come together and not have to go through insane procedures just to view a webpage? Let's be accepting of everyone, shall we! These verification methods to prove your 'human only' status is not very inclusive at all now is it? The human race always holding everyone else back thinking we are so superior! 😂