Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

Canceling what service? You don’t pay anything to use a Roku. You might subscribe to services available on a Roku, but you don’t pay to use a Roku. And the web login has nothing to do with using a Roku device. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It does cause problems if you want to do something with your account like change settings or add/remove a device.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@andyross wrote:

It does cause problems if you want to do something with your account like change settings or add/remove a device.

True, but that's not something that's done with regularity and is not necessary to simply use the Roku.

Dan

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: [Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

Now I have noticed yesterday and today there does not appear to be the Cloudflare check.

0 Kudos
atc98092

It appears that after it's checked you a certain number of times it bypasses the checkbox and goes straight to the login.

Dan

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I don't even get the brief screen before going into Roku now.

0 Kudos
atc98092

It appears the Cloudflare requirement has been turned off.

Dan

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Maybe because it's easy to discover video streams due to their sketchy/shady URL scheme.  CloudFront is even worse by using short random codes for the objects.  I think both companies are hoping that somebody discovers movies and other content and the victim customer ends up paying outrageous bills.  A few years back I discovered that another Roku channel owner was showing up in my CloudFront access logs.  After taking it public, they denied any wrongdoing but then it stopped.  My bills back then were about $3K-$4K a month.  When you get some bills like this you'll know why extra security is needed today.  So why does it bother you that you're having to prove you're not a bot?

0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

There are flaws in the web site.  Sometimes when you try to post a message or reply, it kicks you back to the login screen and asks you to sign up.  There's no easy way out of this loop.  Sometimes clearing cookies works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I've gone weeks without being able to post anything due to this error.  I feared that I was being punished for some of my rants because I hadn't heard at the time of anybody else having these issues.  Short timeouts is a problem.  While you're replying, it seems that their timeout was never reset but you might somehow ride in on it where ever it is and when it "times out", say every 2 minutes, but you come in at 1:45, you get kicked out.  I couldn't prove it but that's what it feels like is happening. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I haven't run into super-short timeouts. I am here often, and it usually lasts more than long enough to read through many of the subforums, and more.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.