Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

I guess Roku can bite my shiny metal a**.

Emissary35
Roku Guru

Annoying Sign In Captcha - Fails To Let You Sign In After Multiple Attempts!

How many times must the stupid captcha force me to click on pictures of buses, cars, motorcycles and fire hydrants? I literally have to get through 5 pages or more just to get past the captcha so I can sign in!

Then when it finally succeeds I click the button to sign in and nothing happens, no matter how many times I click it! So I have to refresh the page, type in my login and password again and go through another 5 pages of captcha images and then the sign in button still does nothing when I click it!

Whoever has designed this into the Roku login completely failed! This is a total annoyance and complete waste of time, making it nearly impossible to sign in to your account!

You only need on captcha to verify you are human and when you click the sign in button it should actually sign you in!

To the geniuses who implemented this horrible feature...FIX IT NOW! I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Re: Annoying Sign In Captcha - Fails To Let You Sign In After Multiple Attempts!

@Emissary35 

Here's how I deal with them I use:  Buster: Captcha Solver for Humans

the Buster is an extension which helps you to solve difficult captchas by completing reCAPTCHA audio challenges using speech recognition. Challenges are solved by clicking on the extension button at the bottom of the reCAPTCHA widget.

add that to your browser. When the captcha comes up click the audio challenge then play and the add on will solve it for you.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Annoying Sign In Captcha - Fails To Let You Sign In After Multiple Attempts!

I haven't encountered a Captcha logging into Roku for months. Perhaps try clearing your browser cache, just in case. Roku now uses a different product called Cloudflare, which only requires checking a box to prove you are real. No picture clicking at all. And once I'd done it several times, I don't even have to do that anymore, and it takes me straight back to the login page. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Good suggestion. I just realized I keep getting the picture captchas and failed captcha each time when on Firefox. But in Chrome I can get right in just clicking the cloudflare box.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I use Firefox (currently 124), and only have the Cloudfare thing. I usually have to click the box, but it works.

0 Kudos
WyoRose
Reel Rookie

Re: [Discussion] Now need to verify I am a human by Cloudflare???

I noticed that too, a week or so ago!!! So....they must be using my camera????? What the **bleep**?????

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Please don't start any conspiracy theories. No, it doesn't use a camera. I don't even have a camera on the computer I use most often. Cloudflare is simply looking for an action taken by a person (not a bot or other coding) that helps keep the bots at bay. That action is simply clicking the box on the page, nothing more. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I cleared all my history, cookies, cache from Firefox and then cleaned it all again with the CCleaner program then rebooted my computer. I came back here and I got the cloudflare box to check. But after that I still got the captcha boxes to check which result in multiple failed attempts even though I know that I clicked on every image correctly 100% of the time!

Something is up with this site, the captcha box verification is still running somehow and it needs to be removed. It took me over ten minutes to login because I had to keep doing captcha pictures over and over again until it finally let me in. This is completely ridiculous!

0 Kudos
WyoRose
Reel Rookie

Thanks for letting me know that. No intention of starting any conspiracy  - I simply don't know how any of these things work anymore.  When I began using internet it was over phone & used Net...something for connection. I can't even remember what it was called, but I even remember when "ask jeeves" began! I'm completely ignorant of the advances in technology beyond about 2010, because of a brain injury. It all COMPLETELY creeps me out anymore! 

0 Kudos