Community discussions

Discover Roku questions and answers directly from the community. Find help, troubleshooting tips, how-tos, and make sure you know the latest announcements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Community Settings] Issues changing my avatar on the forum

Jump to solution

So is this supposed to be for the app on the phone or TV or actual website? On the app there's no way to change your profile picture. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Issues changing my avatar on the forum

Jump to solution

Hi @KamariBrown,

Thanks for reaching out. Great question!

The avatar is for the Community forum, changing your avatar is one simple approach to adding personality to your Community identity.

You are free to switch up your avatar whenever you'd like. Your current avatar appears at the top of the Avatar page.

To change your avatar:

1. Sign in to your community account.
  2. Go to My Settings > Avatars.
  3. Choose a new avatar in one of these ways:
    • Choose an avatar from the Community collection. (Choose an avatar collection and click the avatar your want.)
    • Use an image from your Image Gallery. (Click From Image Gallery and click the image you want.) You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.
    • If you have been granted permission, use your Facebook profile photo as your avatar. (Click From Facebook and click Set Avatar.
    • If you have been granted permission, use an image from the web. (Click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Then, click Set Avatar.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Help - Roku Community

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KamariBrown,

The avatar is for the Community forum, changing your avatar is one simple approach to adding personality to your Community identity.

You are free to switch up your avatar whenever you'd like. Your current avatar appears at the top of the Avatar page.

To change your avatar:

• Choose an avatar from the Community collection. (Choose an avatar collection and click the avatar your want.)
    • Use an image from your Image Gallery. (Click From Image Gallery and click the image you want.) You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.
    • If you have been granted permission, use your Facebook profile photo as your avatar. (Click From Facebook and click Set Avatar.
    • If you have been granted permission, use an image from the web. (Click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Then, click Set Avatar.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Help - Roku Community

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Donaldgallo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

To change your avatar:

2. Go to My Settings > Avatars.
- Choose an avatar from the Community collection. (Choose an avatar collection and click the avatar you want.)
- Use an image from your Image Gallery. (Click From Image Gallery and click the image you want.) You can only use this option if you have uploaded images that have been approved.
- If you have been granted permission, use your Facebook profile photo as your avatar. (Click From Facebook and click Set Avatar.)
- If you have been granted permission, use an image from the web. (Click From the Web and enter the URL for the image. Then, click Set Avatar.

0 Kudos
dmfetrs223

Re: [Community Settings] Issues changing my avatar on the forum

Jump to solution

Navigating through "Community Settings" to change my avatar felt as seamless as managing my online utility bills. The user-friendly interface ensures a smooth experience, reminiscent of how online bill management platforms simplify the often tedious task of handling our utility expenses.

Much like the convenience of updating my avatar, the efficiency of online billing systems streamlines the process, providing users with control and accessibility. Both experiences share a common thread of user empowerment and intuitive design, making them integral aspects of a hassle-free online journey.

0 Kudos
faizshah

Jump to solution

If you're experiencing issues changing your avatar on a forum, here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. **Check Avatar Guidelines:** Make sure that the avatar you're trying to upload meets the forum's guidelines and specifications. There may be restrictions on file size, dimensions, or file type that you need to adhere to.

2. **Clear Browser Cache:** Sometimes, browser cache or cookies can cause issues with website functionality. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, then attempt to change your avatar again.

3. **Try a Different Browser:** If the issue persists, try using a different web browser to access the forum. Sometimes, browser compatibility issues can affect certain website features.

4. **Check File Permissions:** Ensure that the file you're trying to upload has the appropriate permissions set. If the file is restricted or inaccessible, you may encounter issues when trying to upload it as your avatar.

5. **Verify Internet Connection:** Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly. A slow or intermittent connection could prevent the avatar upload process from completing successfully.

6. **Contact Forum Support:** If you've tried the above steps and still can't change your avatar, reach out to the forum's support team or administrators for assistance. They may be able to troubleshoot the issue further and provide additional guidance.

7. **Update Browser or Forum Software:** Ensure that your web browser is up to date with the latest version, as well as the forum software itself. Outdated software versions may contain bugs or compatibility issues that could affect avatar uploads.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve any issues you're encountering with changing your avatar on the forum. If the problem persists, don't hesitate to seek assistance from the forum's support team or community moderators. https://bammtech.com/en/opswat-solutions/

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Local_Ghost
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just finished dealing with this exact same issue. While I have not found a solution to the inability to upload an avatar via the Roku app, I have on the contrary found a work-around that will allow you to upload an avatar. 

All you have to do is use your mobile browser (tested specifically on Google Chrome on Android) and log into the Roku Community there. Bypass the app all together until the bug is successfully patched.

I'd give you step by step instructions but I feel if you made it far enough on the app to realize you can't upload an avatar there then you already know all the steps needed to do the same via your mobile browser. The process is identical no matter what direction you choose.

Your friendly neighborhood Local Ghost
0 Kudos
mncraftmod

Jump to solution

@RokuJanadeeK wrote:

Hi @KamariBrown,

To change your avatar:

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: Help  - Roku Community

Regards,
Janadee

Really helpful. It have helped me a lot in changing the avatar. Thank you

0 Kudos