Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CMAX
Reel Rookie

Re: "Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

Moderator, please take a minute and review the posts.  I took a screenshot of exactly what you are asking for and posted it last night!  

0 Kudos
raillynn

This started happening to me yesterday, 7/17, while using the BBC Select app. Thought I might be getting hacked or some other strangeness, as this is a new app for me. However, looking at the 60+ replies mentioning multiple apps, it's obvious Roku has some fixing to do.

0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

🧐... yes! To all of the moderators with exact same response PLEASE read and understand that an actual response with help is needed here. 

0 Kudos
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@germany.

I got the same screen. So I just canceled my subscription. Then I downloaded Britbox app. Don't go through roku. If you to home screen, go to the search, then do a search, download it from there.

20230718_094645.jpg

0 Kudos
bookoo1944
Channel Surfer

These moderators that keep posting instructions for so many of us out here of complicated steps to take are asking a lot from us.  I'm a 79 year old lady and these technical steps are WAY above my pay grade!  This problems appears to be a ROKU problem and not individual problems with the users' devices.  I don't understand why they want all of this technical information to fix the problem.I would probably crash my computer if I attempted all of that pushing back buttons 5 times and home buttons 5 times, etc., etc. etc.!  As I'm sure you can tell, I'm no technical genius BUT I don't see any need for moderators to have all of this individual data about my device and everyone else's devices to correct what appears to be a ROKU problem.  And if they read all of the posts, they should be able to tell which apps the problems appear on.  Roku has a big problem that appears to be affecting multiple users and they are just at a loss about what's causing it so they want to make us feel like they are doing something by having us do their job for them.  IF they would just THINK, they would realize that a small percentage of the people affected by this problem are bothering to post comments about it so this problem sounds major.

Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@bookoo1944,

Exactly!!!! It is a roku problem, I don't know how different it is on a computer, but instead of going through roku to get the app, I downloaded the app. And I have no issues.

Using roku, roku pay, that's the problem

0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

Did you have to cancel your Roku/Britbox first, before downloading app?

0 Kudos
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

@germany 

Yes I did. From now on I will download apps and not use roku

0 Kudos
Pkathleen63
Binge Watcher

But you might want to wait until your subscription is about to end before getting the apps

0 Kudos
germany
Binge Watcher

I see. I did as you had suggested and clicked on new subscription, had my  email info which was correct, but kept rejecting saying email or password incorrect. 

0 Kudos