Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
germany
Binge Watcher

Re: "Maximum users streaming" message displays between episodes

That would be great! Message issue started this afternoon and have been to the moon and back trying to fix it! Only have the one tv and no other devices accessed to my account. I may be a “ senior”, but I can still operate my Roku with ease. John, please re-read our messages and you will see that we know what we’re doing. 😏

LarryDee

I am having the same issue with AcornTV. I love the channel but can't stand this nonsense, so I canceled the subscription. Maybe they will fix the problem and I can go back to watching without the frustration.

0 Kudos
Tony62
Reel Rookie

Let me clarify - this is using the Acorn subscription thru Roku and the "Acorn TV on The Roku Channel" app, version 9.3 Build 10. I have a BritBox subscription directly thru BritBox using their BritBox app and this problem does not happen when watching that. 

When I get that error screen between episodes, I select "Close" and it takes you back to the screen showing the program you were watching, and usually the next episode is in the "play" box and selecting that plays without error, until the next episode begins, that is.  I cancelled my subscription (my special deal thru Roku was just about up anyway) and I'll resubscribe directly with Acorn and load their app.

Update: The problem seems to have magically resolved itself yesterday. I did absolutely nothing....

Guess I spoke too soon. Problem is back this morning.  😞

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

Could you please specify the channel/s that are affected by this error message? Also, are you directly subscribed to the channel or through Roku Pay?

This information would better help us understand the issue.

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
CMAX
Reel Rookie

Almost every single poster HAS specified which channel.  Personally I’m having an issue with AMC+ subscribed through Roku.

0 Kudos
bookoo1944
Channel Surfer

I only watch 2 channels--Roku and Britbox.  I get the message on both of those channels.  I'm almost positive that I subscribed to Britbox through Roku.  Unlike the other user who posted that their problem self-corrected today, mine did NOT!.  Frustrating!  PLEASE FIX PROBLEM.

0 Kudos
JoJo1244
Binge Watcher

As CMAX stated, we HAVE mentioned which channels/apps are having this issue.......I myself am complaining about NOGGIN. According to my statement, my subscription is thru ROKU. But the other complaints are with Britbox, Acorn tv, and AMC+. 

0 Kudos
Jeanne4

I’ve been having the issue with MGM+ & Starz, while watching thru Roku.  It happens at the end of each episode.  I dont get the message while using the other apps .

0 Kudos
Jo70
Reel Rookie

I have Acorn and BritBox through Roku Pay subscription when this message appears between episodes. Also, I’m only using one TV with Roku Express, therefore cannot be at maximum usage.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your response regarding this matter. For us to further work on this issue, we need information from your end. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channels are affected, and what version/build are the channels? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Your patience and understanding are appreciated in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos