Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Continue Watching" issue with Max on Roku TV

This behavior starts happening on my Roku Ultra a few days ago too.    The fast forward and reverse behavior change a few days ago too, though it's not a problem.   Just different.   An insufficiently tested app update perhaps?  

0 Kudos
generationx1964
Reel Rookie

Same issue for me with Max app - about 2 days ago the shows I've been watching in the past week dropped off my Continue Watching list. I'm up to Season 7 of Big Bang Theory and for the past few days I have to go find it in my List, and when I click on it, starts at Season 1, Episode 1. I've tried removing the app, rebooting Roku and adding app back but it doesn't solve the issue. Can't someone at Roku tell us if this is a ROKU issue or a MAX issue?

Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

As several people have noted, as with me, this started happening recently.  My guess would be with a new build.  So they apparently failed to regression testing on a very basic, critical piece of functionality.  What new feature could possibly have been so important that it was worth breaking existing functionality that people use every time they watch?

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Max channel. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information that @RokuERey asked for above?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BBT84

I’m having the same issues as everyone else is describing. Just started happening in the last couple days. When I go back and search for my show it starts all over at Season 1 Epsiode 1. So frustrating. Is it Max or Roku?

0 Kudos
Bruhow
Reel Rookie

Max no longer shows Continue Watching correctly

In Roku with the Max app, some of my shows no longer appear in Continue Watching. I have to search for the show, scroll through seasons, and find where I was --and sometimes if I stopped in the middle of an episode, it will be back at the beginning. There have been times I'll watch 2-3 in a row and next time I open Max, it says those 2-3 weren't even watched.

My Roku TV is the only devices having this issue; if I watch from my phone or stop in the middle of an episode of my phone, it stays where I am if I keep using my phone. The second I watch the same show or pick up where I left off on my Roku TV, the problem happens again. It's driving me crazy.

RabbleRouser23
Reel Rookie

I've been having the exact same problem for over a year! It was really terrible when the Max channel first launched - it kicked tons of things off both my list and Continue Watching.

Since then, periodically, certain shows will keep disappearing from Continue Watching, and I'll have to search for my place again. Big Bang Theory, Fresh Prince of Bel Air and The Thaw are examples.

This weekend, I've been watching Mare of East town, and all within 1 day, I've come back to finish an episode 4 times, only to find it gone, and have to re-find my place.

I checked, and the same issue is happening if I access it through my laptop, so it's for sure a Max app issue. Since I purchased the subscription through Roku, I can't utilize the uninstall/reinstall feature.

Other annoying issues:
1. When I hit the 10 sec. back button, it often starts rewinding back too far instead.

2. Periodically, the sound suddenly becomes crackly and distorted. The only way to fix it is to exit it out of the channel and come back.

Note: I wrote all this to Max in their "Give Feedback" section, because they don't provide any way of contacting tech support, and none of the above issues are listed in their troubleshooting list.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
marybethel1
Channel Surfer

Currently watching isn't working on Max/Going to season 1 episode 1

On Roku on the Max App, the currently watching seems to have just disappeared. And whenever I go to a series I'm currently watching, it'll go straight to season 1, episode 1 instead of whatever season/episode I'm currently on. Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
keithx13
Streaming Star

Re: Max no longer shows Continue Watching correctly

I am using a streaming stick+ and started having this issue a few days ago.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Currently watching isn't working on Max/Going to season 1 episode 1

Much appreciation for posting here in the Roku Community, @marybethel1!

We're grateful that you've reached out for support and we'd be more than happy to further assist you with your concern about the features of Max. 

Before we proceed, may we first know how are you accessing the Max app? Is it directly from the standalone app or under The Roku Channel? In addition, when did you initially notice that this feature disappeared? 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.