Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: "Continue Watching" appeared, then disappeared!

Hi @Callmekem,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having issues with the "Continue Watching" feature on your Roku account. We're happy to look closely into this.

May we know when you started having this issue? Could you try to reboot the device by following the steps provided by @RokuEuniceL?

Please keep us informed.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcelius
Channel Surfer

It started a over month ago for me.  I have rebooted, i have unplugged, i have moved to another tv.  I have 2 roku ultras and both are missing continue watching.  I noticed to the phone app doesn't have it either, but yesterday it was on the phone app

ashleydroidbox
Binge Watcher

The continue watching feature has never been available on my stream bar even though from what I can find out I should have had it for about 3 months now.

The only way I've been able to access it is if an advert comes up on the right of the app list suggesting I try it. As soon as it's gone I have no access and no settings available to switch it on.

My stream bar is on version 12.5.5 Build 4174

The steps provided by @RokuEuniceL don't resolve the situation 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lmcelius @ashleydroidbox,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the experience you've encountered with the "Continue watching" feature. There is another "Continue Watching" (from which this Home Screen feature is based), but it is located within another feature called "What to Watch." (an optional left-side Home Screen menu item).

To enable the "What to Watch" feature, go to Settings > Home Screen > What to Watch > [Show].

Select What to Watch from the left-side menu. Then look for the Continue Watching section. You should also notice a Save List and some other sections.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lmcelius
Channel Surfer

That is not true!!  During this time, I have scrolled all the way thru the options of What To Watch.  The continue watching is available 1 it off 10 times on any roku i own.  Make this a permanent option please

0 Kudos
Itsrainingagain
Reel Rookie

Same problem here also using a Streambar. Not even a reply to to two outstanding support tickets. I suspect someone needs to issue a patch as it’s clearly available when accessed from the advert banner.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Lmcelius,

Thanks for the response!

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and value your feedback as our valued customer. We always aim to provide our customers with the best streaming experience and convenience when using our services. We'll pass this along to the appropriate Roku team for review. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback. We value your input.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ashleydroidbox
Binge Watcher

I don't have that option in settings and never have had the option available to me...

I have looked many times over the last few months in the hope of it appearing but it's not there.

Photos of the menu to show you attached 

IMG_20240419_204014_845.jpg

IMG_20240419_204027_246.jpg

IMG_20240419_204022_755.jpg

0 Kudos
Itsrainingagain
Reel Rookie

Exactly the same as the menu on my Streambar. The fact we can access via the quick tips advertising banner indicates it’s ‘available under the hood’. Maybe this bug will be dealt with in OS 13?

0 Kudos
ashleydroidbox
Binge Watcher

I hope it's fixed before then as it's been over a year since os12 and no sign of os13 on the horizon that I've heard.

I raised this issue on the community on 31st Jan and the post got ignored so hopefully everybody in this thread will push to get it fixed asap

https://community.roku.com/t5/Features-settings-updates/Roku-Streambar-UK-quot-Continue-Watching-quo...

0 Kudos