Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candybars2023
Reel Rookie

nothing on Roku channel plays at all

For some reason Roku channel Contant on any of my devices, Roku or even Amazon fire TV with Roku app installed, no title will play. There doesn't seem to be even an attempt to connect, I choose an episode or movie and nothing happens except the typical Roku sound of pressing any button. I have not used Roku for a while and I have updated the software and oh channels. I'm not aware of a way to remove the Roku channel so I am kind of stuck hopefully someone can assist. Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
charlesc1
Reel Rookie

Re: nothing on Roku channel plays at all

I am having the exact same issue. No one seems top be able top tell me what the problem is.

Robel
Binge Watcher

Ya bro i have the same problem too if there is anyone who can help.

0 Kudos

Yes i have same issue. Everything work except roku channel.

Roku express 4k+

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention regarding the Roku Channel not playing content.

We would like to help and sort this out. For us to work on the issue, kindly provide us with the following information:

• Who is their ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?
  • What is their IP address (from http://whatismyip.com)?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

The information you provide is essential to us. Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sharbot

I had a chat session with one of your agents about two weeks ago and gave all the info you requested and still have no Roku channel. Now what do i do?

0 Kudos
candybars2023
Reel Rookie

Thanks, however especially in light of the fact that other people are experiencing it, and that it's happening regardless of the device or the IP that I use (both my Comcast ISP as well as my cellular connection tethering), and two Roku premiere, as well as on the Roku channel app on all my Fire TV devices, this seems to be a more global problem in my opinion. when I try to watch Contant on Fire TV, I get an error message saying "playback error we were unable to play discounted please try again later", and on Roku devices it just makes the Roku typical sound and nothing else. i'm located in New York City, but I prefer her not to disclose my IP addresses in a public forum. Anyway as I said it happens on multiple devices and connections. I'll be happy to give you one of the devices serial number so you can check on your end-Roku premier serial number YH00EE161098 software version 12.0.0 build 4148-91 device ID K4218E161098.  tracker Id following the steps is 98-329-310

Here is a link of a video that I made to a list three houses happens on Roku premiere and on fire TV cube:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ecodVppcXicEXGnIE6hXP4tg

hopefully this will help you get this resolved let me know if I can provide any more information that is not a personal mature thank you

0 Kudos
candybars2023
Reel Rookie

disappointing to have a community moderator, someone from Roku, request  and receive all this information, which required effort, and not respond despite the fact that many people are having issues. Hopefully this will be amended and a follow up will be made here

0 Kudos

Also suffering from this! I miss my daily dose of divorce court.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chanelnumba5,

Warm welcome here to the Roku Community!

Thanks for informing us about this, and no worries, we're here to assist. We would like to share that this issue is currently under further investigation and we're doing our best to resolve this as soon as possible. In the meantime, would you be so kind as to provide the following information requested above this thread?

The information you provide is essential and would be a great help to resolve the issue.

All the best,
Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.