Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

@ScrewThis

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jazzy2
Reel Rookie

This just happened to me last week. I’m so glad I found this thread because I thought I was losing my wits. I’ve tried all of the suggestions and it’s still crashing on two different Roku devices. 

0 Kudos
Jazzy2
Reel Rookie

I’ve checked for updates.

I deleted the app. Reinstalled the app. I even took the batteries out of the remotes and unplugged both Rokus for 15 minutes. Still not working. It’s very unnerving to discover that this is a chronic and ongoing issue. 

0 Kudos
Jazzy2
Reel Rookie

I must be missing something because I’m unable to receive an ID tracker by pressing the home button 5 times and the back button 5 times. 
Is there somewhere I can email my device and serial number information?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @Jazzy2 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Feel free to post your details in this thread so we can forward them to the appropriate Roku team investigating this issue further. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jazzy2
Reel Rookie

Hello Kariza,

Thank you for your reply.

Roku 1

Brit Box version 3.0 build 662
Model 3700X-Roku Express
Serial  YU00JV43970
11.5 build,4312-28

Roku 2

Model 4230x-Roku 3
serial 4E654C124518
11.5.0 build 4312-04
I haven’t been able to get the “press home 5 times and back button 5 times” to work. 

Issue only on Britbox
Stand alone Britbox won’t load and returns to Roku Home Screen. 
Thank you.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Jazzy2 

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your information to the Roku team investigating this issue further. As previously mentioned by @RokuDanny-R above, we'll post an update in this thread once it's available. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick22
Channel Surfer

Britbox says it is due to a Roku update.  I have tried everything.  Britbox said to get a Firestick.  As of Feb. 10--this is a problem--I am about to make a concerted effort to bad mouth Roku on every platform available to me if this isn't addressed very very quickly.  And please don't tell me to reload Britbox--I have done all of that and it did not work.

0 Kudos
ScrewThis
Channel Surfer

Fact:  Forced, redundant, and unremovable (WHY?) "Britbox on Roku" channel shows up and then your yearly prepaid Britbox craps out for 4 months now and the only fix is to pay Roku a monthly fee on top of what you already paid to Britbox? Only 2 possible answers:

1)  Incompitence- Not likely. Coding's not that hard. I get a useless and forced "Britbox on Roku channel" while getting messages to add an SD card to add storage for channels that I don't use? hmmmmm.

or

2) Profit- Same content forced through payment to Roku itself. $$$$$

How about a vote:  1 or 2 folks?

0 Kudos
ScrewThis
Channel Surfer

Just tested that you can now REMOVE the channel. At least it show's there is some attention here.....

0 Kudos