Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feedup
Reel Rookie

Re: solved: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

Unfortunately I can't do this because a paid for an annual subscription, and they don't refund your money, so I have been doing a work around that is working but not ideal.  I have search from my home screen and most shows I can get but not all, when my subscription ends if it hasn't cleared up I will be cancelling and going with someone else.

Jokerr1
Reel Rookie

I have the yearly subscription as well. I requested a pro-rated refund for 6 weeks but no response so far. When you say you search from your Home Screen, is that still inside the Britbox app? Unfortunately, I can’t even get into it at all… I just automatically get kicked out every time I try to access the app. Very frustrating. 

feedup
Reel Rookie

I also get kicked out of the Britbox app, so my search starts on my TV's home page, scroll down to your search option and type in the show you want to watch, it will bring it up with what channels it is available on, if it says Britbox subscription just click on it, it may say Roku channel needs subscription only click on the your Britbox I have some shows that won't work but have been able to watch many this way.  Since Britbox will not refund my money I am stuck doing it this way until Aug 2023.  Let me know if you get a better reply to your request for a pro rated refund than I did.  Oh by the way each time a show ends to move to a different show you need to go all the back to your TV's home screen and search for your next show, unless you want to watch the next episode of the show you just watched.

0 Kudos
jw6828
Channel Surfer

No, in the roku menu, just click on search and type in the name of the show you want to view.  Then it is still a pain, you get a list of options for subscribers or roku subscribers and when it opens you must find the episode you want.  Not customer friendly, but a way to watch.  I hope they get this fixed, Vera is filming a new season and that was the main reason I joined in the first place.

0 Kudos
bakersdozen
Binge Watcher

Re: ROKU KICKS OUT BRITBOX WHEN APP IS LOADING

Here is a picture of the info you asked for Mary:

ROKU BRITBOX ISSUE.jpg

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bakersdozen,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
bakersdozen
Binge Watcher

Mary,

BTW or FYI - When I started having issues, over 2 months ago, I used troubleshooting ideas from Roku. 

One of them was to do a manual software update.  I performed that function and Britbox was one of the apps that updated.

I did another manual update today, 12/13/2022 at 5:35 pm.  It shows todays date and time as Last Checked.

However, I noticed that my Last Software Update date is May 3, 2022,

I know that Sling is one of the apps that updated today. Shouldn't the Update Date Change also?

bakersdozen 

0 Kudos
bakersdozen
Binge Watcher

HELLO ALL!

Not sure how long it will last, but I have access to Britbox today!!  Yeah!!  I hope it is a permanent fix to the loading issue!!

bakersdozen

jw6828
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

In case you didn't see my last post, it is working very well, slow but working for me now.  I find that my Sharp roku tv remote response is very slow.  But, I am very glad it seems to be working since yesterday.

Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I just tried BritBox and it is working here as well. Checking details, the BritBox application has been updated to a newer version. It's on the slow side (BritBox always has been) but it's working. No more crashing on startup. Thanks and a tip of the hat to the Roku team for fixing the problem!