Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aab001
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hello, Mary:

It has been three weeks and the issue has not been corrected.  The current versio of the software has not been updated on my device (my device has not been updated to version Roku OS 11.5).  

Please advise what is being done and when I may expect a resolution or at the very least when "the team" will make an effort to coreretc the problem.

aab001

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Britbox crashing to home screen

Hi @jalex98,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: BritBox crashes on TCL Roku TV

Hi @Louis_Nenda,

Saw your post!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
aab001
Reel Rookie

Re: BritBox won't load properly

Hello, Mary:

Please advise when this issue will be resolved, it has been three weeks...

aab001

0 Kudos
Harperdog

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

Same problem.  Brit box constantly crashes. Ready to dump Roku. 

jw6828
Channel Surfer

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

It is not Roku with the problem.  It works on all my other streaming channels, and it only started when they began putting some new "live" connections.   I goto search, put in the name of a show and go in that way, and can move around once in.  I got a months credit when I contacted them.  I do not understand why they have not fixed it.  I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and two more but no problem.  My TV is a Sharp, several years old and wonder if others are having the same issue have the same tv?

0 Kudos
Louis_Nenda
Streaming Star

@RokuMary-F, thanks for the response! Most of that information was in my original post, but here is the complete rundown:

Info from device menu

28" TCL Roku TV

Model 28S3750

Serial number 2N0013013834

Device ID: 5LK581013834

Roku firmware version 11.0.0 Build 493

BritBox application version 3.0 Build 644

Info from Issue Report Tracker after BritBox crash

Model 5119X

Serial Number 2N0013013834 (5LK581013834)

Software Version 11.0.0 Build 4193-08

Timestamp 2022-11-30T02:51:58Z

ID 34-479-691

0 Kudos
bakersdozen
Binge Watcher

ROKU KICKS OUT BRITBOX WHEN APP IS LOADING

I see there are others with the similiar issue of Roku kicking out Britbox; however, I do not see the answer I received from Britbox. The two Support Rep's I chatted with stated Britbox has a fix for this issue. The fix must be approved by Roku before it is loaded. For me, this issue has been ongoing for 2 months. I do not care where the fault lies, I just want it resolved. I am tired of paying for a service I can't stream. I am ready to chunk my Sharp Roku TV and devices try another brand.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Harperdog

Thanks for continuing to share what you're observing.

Our team has continued investigating the issue and is hoping to have a resolution soon. In the meantime, kindly provide the required details I requested from my previous post so I can pass on the information.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Louis_Nenda,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this information to the Roku team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos