Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LWG

Re: Sharp Roku TV Britbox app crashing

I have the same issue with my Sharp-0Roku TV. Britbox won't load, but it does load on my other devices using a streaming stick or an app. We have done all of the rebooting, TV and router. No option to remove the channel, onlu cancel subscription. Britbox help/support was useless. Said an update would be coming "sometime in the future" but didn't know when, and maybe that would help. Meanwhile there are no upgrades available through the app.

Were you able to figure it out?

Stewmeat1

Britbox crashing to home screen

I’m having the same issue. No error code.  It just crushes back to home menu

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@LWG and @Nope20 

Britbox is a heavy resource hungry channel/app.  It performs very sluggishly and slow to respond on my Insignia RokuTV as well, but it does load and work.  Even on my Ultra, it is a bit slow to navigate, but lightning fast compared to its operation on the RokuTV.

Try the Uninstall channel, Restart Roku device, Reinstall channel procedure (in that order).

For RokuTVs, after removing a channel, make sure to do a full restart using the Settings/System/Power/System Restart method in order to ensure a clean reinstall of a channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: not launching britbox. been happening for the last week

@AKW

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. When the issue started

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Nope20
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the suggestion.

Unfortunately it didn’t work. 😩

I guess I’ll just watch Shetland on my phone and then explore cancelling my membership.

I could hook my laptop to the TV, but I shouldn’t have to go old school to watch a Service that I PAY for in 2022.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Nope20 

I hear you.

Instead of watching on your phone, try installing a casting app on your RokuTV or using Airplay.

I don't have an Iphone so can't really explain Airplay use, but if you have an Android, I use both Web Video Caster and also Castify.

Both Web Video Caster (preferred) and then Castify (also good), are available in the Play Store.  Once installed on your phone and the companion receiver (available in Roku Channel Store) are installed on your RokuTV, you can then go Britbox via the app, launch the content, and cast it to your RokuTV.

----

I know you called it old school, but I still do a lot of my TV watching either through casting or through the laptop HDMI to my TV.  Not everything I watch has a channel/app available via the Roku and was the method I used prior to Roku so just second nature, I guess.  I also like searching via a keyboard so just easier for me.

Unfortunately, with streaming, sometimes have to resort to different methods in order to get to the content you want.  May not always be the easiest or most convenient, but the end goal is the same.  Although I do like the shows on Britbox, their actual channel/app is unpleasant to use on Roku. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
varogers

I’ve been having the same problem since Friday, Nov 4, 2022, with my TCL ROKU smart tv.  BritBox respond stating it has a fix but that it has to be implemented with the next ROKU update.

We have a fix prepared, but fixes are implemented with app updates. The next Roku app update is expected to happen in the near future, because Roku manages testing and approval for the release, we cannot offer a definite timeframe.”

I couldn’t locate a contact for ROKU to verify the BritBox response or determine when the next ROKU update will occur.  Bad service all around.

I guess I’ll be watching on my iPad for the foreseeable future🤮😡🤬

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  5. How are you accessing the channel? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone BritBox app installed on your Roku TV?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jokerr1
Reel Rookie

1. Roku device model: LC-43LB371C Serial number: 2N006L453109 Device ID: 456576453109.   Software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4193-13
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? Yes, only on Britbox Bersion 3.0 build 644
  3. Tracker ID: 09-447-673
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: When I Click on the Britbox channel, it freezes right away and kick me back to the Roku homepage. 
  5. When the issue started: About two weeks ago. 
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Jokerr1

Thanks for providing us with your information.

It looks like your Roku TV is still on OS 11.0. We suggest running a manual software update on your TV by navigating to Settings > System > System update > Check now

For more information, check out this support link: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos