Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

Hello Community users,

Thank you for bringing the issue of playing content on the Pluto TV channel to our attention. Our Roku team is working closely with the Pluto channel team to resolve this problem. 

We value your feedback and will continue to pass it along to the relevant team. If you have any questions or additional feedback, please let us know.

To ensure better visibility, we’ll mark this post as solved.

We appreciate your patience and your continued involvement in our community.

Best regards,
The Roku Community Team

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
SmokingJoe
Roku Guru

Re: Pluto TV keeps recycling to home screen after App update.

Jump to solution

Any news yet when Pluto will be working?

Frío
Reel Rookie

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any Roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Thank you, @Toby1122 ! I've been wondering when there's going to be an actual remedy, not the same old robotic repetition of resetting a piece of tech that anyone in this century would've thought of first, esp after seeing multiple people having the same issue over months. Beyond frustrating when we pay good money for these products/subscriptions in general, but constantly have issues and fingerpointing between Roku and the app owner. Pls keep us posted, and thank you!

I-Own-4-Of-Them
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have two Roku Expresses. One is three years old and the other one is brand new. I cannot load PlutoTV on the new one, and I've jumped through all the recommeded hoops more than once.

However, PlutoTV loads on my older Roku just fine.

I immediately noticed when I opened the box my new Roku came in that Roku had cheaped out with the latest version and didn't even bother to include a charger. Makes me wonder what else they cheaped out on and if that will affect its usage.

01rc51

Jump to solution

And me to the list of Pluto not working

Nana1507

Jump to solution

We have 6 Roku TV'S  and one with a Roku stick and none of them will load Pluto TV as of this past Saturday.  Same issues as everyone has stated and none of the suggested fixes gave worked. Very frustrating. 

mstacal

Pluto TV will not work on my Roku after 9/5/24 update

Jump to solution

I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least a dozen times, rebooted roku, unplugged modem, unplugged roku and hdmi, made sure roku and Pluto apps are updated… even had internet provider come out! it just plays the app logo and goes straight to Home Screen… Pluto tv is working on my other roku devices just not my Vizio tv… very annoying!!

0 Kudos
MikeK3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Kudos to Pluto for providing a real answer!  How hard would it have been for Roku to jump on this forum and give us the same answer Pluto gave (i.e. Pluto is aware of the issue and working on a fix)?  Bad customer service on the part of Roku.

vlarson
Channel Surfer

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Didn't work.   I got Pluto ok until I installed a new Express type roku device --- i9t replaced a Roku 3.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
vlarson
Channel Surfer

Re: my Pluto channel is not working on any roku device in my home

Jump to solution

Pluto seems to be the only channel affected in my situation.   It worked fine until I replaced the old Roku 3 with an Express and, also, signed in to Pluto for the first time  (which I had never done before -- before I just ignored the prompt to do so and went on to watch the channel).  I have multiple times removed Pluto, restarted the roku, reinstalled Pluto.   To no avail.  

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.