Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: are you still watching yes or no

Jump to solution

@Raceangel64, there really isn't anything you can do unless you can convince Peacock to not give that prompt.  Developers often put such a prompt in their channel/app because they're not interested in streaming when no one's watching.  I'd suggest looking for a channel/app that plays continuously without asking if anyone's watching.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Raceangel64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@renojim do you know if there are channels that will play continuously? I'm trying the Roku channel now. Fingers crossed it will play all night.

0 Kudos
Cotton694

Jump to solution

I’ve turned off my bandwidth and my TV still asks. Is there another answer to how to stop it?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@Cotton694, if the channel/app is prompting you there's nothing that can be done since it's built into the channel/app. The answer is to press a button on the remote once in a while.

0 Kudos
VVhoCares

Jump to solution

It does this to me while watching Tablo, which is OTA.. Turning off the data saver option fixed it. The datasaver option clearly says it will turn off after 4 hours. Just never noticed it!

0 Kudos
FArLey72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bandwidth Saver is (Was) off and still every 4 hours the "Are you still watching, yes or no, appears on the screen and blacks out everything behind it.  I have a 93 year old we're caring for. She needs the TV to stay on so that she doesn't feel alone, (Alzhiemers).  Please Help

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@FArLey72, if it's part of the channel/app you're using then there isn't anything you can do about it other than finding a different channel/app that doesn't do that.

0 Kudos
FArLey72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

renojim, it happens regardless of channel.   It happens with Prime Video, Hulu or Roku Channel.  It doesn't seem to matter.  Could it simply be a function built into the ROKU TV that despite the Bandwidth Saver setting being set to off, the programming still intends to save streaming bandwidth?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@FArLey72, I suppose it's always possible that there's a bug and the setting isn't doing anything.  I don't think I've ever tried to stream anything for that long.  Maybe I'll give The Roku Channel a shot and see what happens after four hours.

0 Kudos
Raceangel64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@FArLey72 Everything but freevee cuts off after 4 hours. Trust me I've tried every channel. Peacock used to play continuously but they changed something and it now cuts off too.

0 Kudos