Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmilano

apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

My Roku player is saying episode 2 of Defending Jacob is not available, but it is. why can't I view it? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: apple tv+ videos not available

Jump to solution

@kmilano @RkUser119 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV+ support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

BuySomeBitcoin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

THIS IS MY FIX - I logged into my Apple TV+ account online (https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-plus/) and started to watch a video (for just a few seconds) that was not playing on my Roku App. Then I switched back to my Roku app on my TV, and it played. Fixed; done. Also, I have an Apple TV device in another room. I played a video (for just a few seconds), then switched back to my Roku app on my other TV, and it played. Nothing else worked for me that I read here.

Now, that said, I think it's fair to conclude this is a problem with Apple and their Apple TV app. Just my opinion.

deb_ack
Streaming Star

Re: Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I could not load episode 6 of Black Bird.  I have tried everything found at Google about this problem, and then I changed the Roku Display settings from 1080p to Auto Detect.  The episode then loaded with no problem.  

I should mention that I had started this episode on another Vizio TV with Roku in another room, and then was able to open episode 6 at the point where it was at on the other TV.  I'm not sure which of these actions fixed the problem.

Updated post:  Please see my next post, stating that these solutions did not work the next time I had this problem.

0 Kudos
137 REPLIES 137
RkUser119

Apple TV App - Video Unavailable

Jump to solution

I’ve had Apple TV+ for a few months now. All of a sudden, I can’t watch anything longer than a trailer on it. I have the Roku Ultra device. I can play things on my phone and on my iPad, but not on my TV through my Ultra device. Whenever I try, it says, “Video Unavailable”. I’ve tried removing the app and re-adding it, and I’ve tried rebooting my Roku device. Nothing. This has been happening now for 3 days. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@kmilano @RkUser119 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Apple TV+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Apple TV+ support here: https://support.apple.com/tv

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had this same issue and was able to resolve by turning off auto detect video on the Roku settings.

I changed my setting from 4k HDR 60hz to 4k 60hz. I was able to play all videos after this change 

MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That worked! Thanks.

MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem.  It would load fine on my bedroom TV but wouldn't load beyond Channel One on my main TV unless I logged in with my Apple Password, and purchased another subscription.  I can only assume you have to pay for each TV.  I'm using the latest ROKU.

0 Kudos
MichaelJohnScot
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

P.S. I meant beyond the Pilot, Episode One. 

0 Kudos
Zzyzx

Jump to solution

That did the trick for me. Thanks!

CB20

Jump to solution

Hi, where did you change the seetings?

0 Kudos
Techrules
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

On your Roku you have to change your display settings

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.