Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patsp12
Reel Rookie

adding channel for newsmaxplus on my roku device

I talked to roku and they said that you would have to have a standalone app and they are not going to provide the app. Your would have to use your moblie phone for the app. I am trying to contact newsmax. Or they said you would have to subscribe to one of the paid cable networks. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: adding channel for newsmaxplus on my roku device

Look through the multiple other posts about Newsmax+'s major screwup and lack of planning on their abrupt subscription change.

KATHYPINO

I have the standalone app and can only access Newsmax2.  What I want is Newsmax1  I can see it on the IPhone App but cannot switch on the tv.  This is very frustrating

0 Kudos
Knight31
Channel Surfer

So you can't access Newsmax plus on roku anymore. I paid for nothing.

0 Kudos
Missylou
Reel Rookie

me too Disgusted with Newsmax

0 Kudos
patsp12
Reel Rookie

This morning i went under newsmax app and the newsmax plus program was on. I signed on the website with my password. I got on with my trial. 

0 Kudos
Knight31
Channel Surfer

Well I glad it just not me. they are going to loose another of customers if this keeps up

0 Kudos
50chuck

A mess from the getgo by not notifying consumers ahead of time, and then not having their act together by not having the tecnical issues resolved.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There is no unique app for Newsmax+. It's in the Roku channel store simply as Newsmax TV. But Newsmax released an update to the app on Tuesday that adds the ability to log into a user account and access all of the "plus" features. If yours hasn't been updated, then press the * button while the tile is highlighted on the home screen and select Update from the menu. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.