Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: adding a channel - not showing up on screen

I’m trying to figure out if Roku, thinks you might be in some country where YouTube TV (and search for that matter) is not provided.  For reasons I don’t understand, Roku only provides searching in some countries.  And many channel/apps are also restricted to certain locations.  You said in another thread that voice isn’t working, and voice is another thing that is only supported in certain countries.  (I can understand the last two restrictions but the search restriction is a bit of a mystery to me.)

I know you say you’re in the US, but so much of your description implies that Roku, for some reason, may think that you’re not.  By the way, you were in the US when you created your Roku account – right?  (Moving can confuse them.)

Of course, it could be some other issue that I haven’t heard of.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
bbfrankjr1
Channel Surfer

Hello, yes, I set up my account in the US. I’ve never had this problem before. I wonder if it’s inherent with the Express 4K plus.

thanks 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@bbfrankjr1 Are you able to use any channels on the Roku Express 4K Plus?  Can you get into settings on the device and check the email associated with your device?  Is your device connected to the internet?

0 Kudos